Acast - Podcasts & Audio
Acast is the mobile hub for your audio on demand experience. Listen to podcasts and audio shows you care about whenever and wherever you want.
Acast is home to the most engaging, fascinating stories told in audio on sports, news, comedy, business, culture, education and many more.
Follow and stream your favorite podcasts such as Serial, WTF with Marc Maron, Call Your Girlfriend, Another Round, Scroobius Pip, and The Naked Scientists or download episodes for on-the-go listening.
Acast features podcasts from media houses like The Financial Times, BuzzFeed, BBC, The Economist, The Guardian, NPR, WNYC, This American Life, and Fusion to name a few.
Acast’s curated Discovery page highlights new shows to love. Our content teams will feed you with fresh, exciting podcasts in rotating lists such as “Hack the Gibson!” our tech list, and “Girls to the Front” our women-hosted list.
- Discover new podcasts through curated lists
- Search directly for shows, hosts or episodes
- A feed that regularly updates with shows that you follow
- Browse podcasts & audio by category
- Continue listening where you left off
- Stream podcasts using your WiFi or data
- Save shows for later and listen when you don’t have reception
- Play, pause and skip episodes from the lock screen
- Login with Facebook and share with your friends and family
- Share your favorite moments on Twitter with an embeddable player or text it through your messenger app
- Experience images, links and videos embedded in the audio
How to get you started
Dive straight in with Discovery and start exploring. Try Trending to see what’s popular right now. Find podcasts by Category or try out some of the curated lists from our content teams. The Search page lets you find your favorite shows, hosts or episodes. Follow their channels and stream the new episodes they post from your Feed. Save episodes for offline listenings or continue where you left off last time.
Where Acast got mentioned
“Acast’s free-to-use platform and app lets users browse or recommend podcasts and, like on Spotify, introduces them to new relevant shows and lets them share shows across a social network.” - FastCompany
”100 hottest European Startups” - WIRED
“5 / 5” - The Sun
”Best in Test” (Podcast-App) - Macworld
”Super startup 2015” - Veckans Affärer
”Start up of the year 2014” - IDG
”Most innovative media service” - Mobilgalan
Heard something that is worth sharing? Get in touch and share your favorite moments with us:
Problems or feedback
Help us make Acast better by reaching out to us:
Go into the app settings and click "contact us" to send us your suggestion or support query, or contact us on Twitter @acastsupport.
We will only ask for permissions we need for the app to provide you with the best experience possible. Your privacy is important to us.
We're now offering a “Show Pass” to certain shows that’ll give you exclusive access to premium content. These subscriptions will renew once a month until you cancel them. You will only access the premium content as long as you're subscribing. A Show Pass starts at $1.99 / month.
The purchase will be charged from your iTunes account if you choose to buy a subscription. You can manage your subscription by entering the user settings in iTunes after the purchase. You will also be able to cancel the auto-renewing subscription from there. The subscription will be auto-renewed 24 hours before the subscription period ends with the same kind of subscription you already bought to the same price. It's not possible to abort the subscription during the time it's active.
Terms of Service: http://www.acast.com/terms
Thank you for using Acast and all the great feedback! This is what's new in this update:
• It's now possible to seek using the timeline on the lock screen.
• We've added the option to export subscriptions to OPML in the Settings view.
• Various bug fixes and improvements.
Don't hesitate to contact us at email@example.com or at @acastsupport (Twitter)
Ratings and Reviews
My favourite podcast app.
I think I've tried most of the free podcast apps and this is my favourite by far. Everything is laid out in such a clear way, it makes it much more useable than others. The feed means no more clicking on each show for updates, it's clear to see what's been played or downloaded and it's easy to see which shows you're half way through etc.
Can't play downloaded podcasts when offline
I only use this for one podcast so can't really comment on navigation.
On the positive side the pictures can be very handy for factual podcasts.
On the negative, if I'm not online it won't play any podcasts, downloaded or not. I just get a "you are not online" message. I know I'm not online! I'm twenty metres underground in a metal box in a concrete tunnel! Surely that's the point of podcasts. And it then won't play if I'm on 4G rather than WiFi.
Developer Response ,
Hi! Thank you very much for valid feedback. Sorry to hear about these issues. Please click "contact us" in the app settings and drop us a line regarding the issue. Appreciate it! //Acast
Started using Acast for premium content ‘football ramble’ and now much prefer it to apple’s podcast app. Easier navigation and looks great.
One criticism is that you don’t get a play head for current playing position if you’re on the lock screen, meaning you have to open the app to scrobble - not a huge issue, but would be nice to have playhead
A few issues I’ve been having:
- adverts play over the top of podcast audio occasionally when resuming a podcast from lock screen/control centre
- when using ‘up next feature’ you can’t see the whole podcast name so I can’t be sure what episode number should be next... would be great if you could get scrolling text for episode ‘under the line’
- Acast AB
- 79 MB
- Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2018 Acast AB
- In-App Purchases
- Exclusive content every month from The Football Ramble £1.99
- My Dad Wrote A Porno Christmas Special £2.99
- ReVärvet £0.79
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.