Access Mobile Database Client
By Glimpse I/O LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Take your Microsoft Access databases with you on the go with the DataGlass Mobile Database Client for Access! Search, edit, and create records in your database using DataGlass on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch.
Take an interactive tour of the app at: http://www.impathic.com/access
Microsoft Access is the most popular desktop database in the world, and now you can utilize the full power of Access from your mobile device! DataGlass is the only app that can read your MS Access database directly on your iPhone or iPad without any additional complex desktop or server software setup.
With DataGlass Access, users on the go can use their iPhone or iPad to perform tasks like:
• Present reports on the iPad during client meetings
• Track lab test results
• Add and edit research notes while out in the field
• Check in attendees onsite for an event
• Run sales reports while at a customer site
• Respond to hotel guest requests from anywhere on the property
• Run inventory checks from the warehouse floor
• Track shipping and receiving activities
From DBAs and IT professionals that need to run ad-hoc queries, to executives who need immediate access to their raw data, to analysts who need to build and execute sophisticated reports, to sales personnel who need to update their data on the go, DataGlass is the only app you will need to connect you directly to with the data that is the lifeblood of the modern enterprise.
• Compatible with Microsoft Access databases from versions 97, 2000, 2002 2007, and 2010
• An unlimited number of databases can be simultaneously managed by DataGlass
• Transfer databases from your desktop computer using iTunes file sharing, or by mailing your database to yourself as an attachment
• Export your raw data to Numbers, Mail, or CSV files for inclusion in external reports
• Print the results of your queries directly from your printer-enabled iOS device
• Build and execute sophisticated queries spanning multiple tables using the innovative Query Designer, or enter custom SQL
• Note that forms are not supported in this release
• Visit http://support.impathic.com to make feature suggestions or report problems
What's New in Version 6.0.3
• Bug fixes
• Full-screen mode on iPad
Just the job
Can't find fault, this app does exactly what I needed it to, syncing between machines with tablet portability, and using full Version Access on laptop for ease of use when entering larger quantities of data. Meaning that I can keep my publications membership database up to date wherever and whenever in the world I happen to be at the time.
Just what I wanted
Simple transfer of Access database from Mac to iPad by email attachment. You can also do it via iTunes file sharing but I haven't tried this. Works perfectly on my iPad.
Don't waste your money
Doesn't recognise forms, which is one of the mainstays of access.
I opened a table in this app five minutes ago and it's still trying to open it.
This is the most rubbish app I have ever purchased in the App Store (and I have purchased a lot).
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: 07 April 2014
- Version: 6.0.3
- Size: 50.0 MB
- Languages: English, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Hebrew, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Developer: Glimpse I/O LLC
- © 2010-2014
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.