AccuWeather - Weather for Life
By AccuWeather, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Stay connected to the latest in weather with AccuWeather – Weather for Life. This completely rebuilt, customizable weather app features MinuteCast™, the leading minute-by-minute weather forecast that is hyper-localized to your exact street address.
• MinuteCast™ – minute by minute weather forecasts for the next two hours hyper-localized to your exact street address. Includes precipitation type and intensity, and start and end times for precipitation.
• Pushed severe weather alerts – straight to your iPhone screen to keep you out of the storm!
• Immediately descriptive weather animations illustrating the weather forecast for right now, each of the next 72 hours, and each of the next 15 days.
• Animated weather radar and maps for tracking the storm’s path. Weather radar available in the United States, Canada, Northern Europe, and Japan.
• Easy swiping between screens for your weather details – no need to navigate to app menus.
• Exact, current GPS location forecasting and forecasting for all your favorite locations – nearly 3 million locations worldwide!
Other new features designed for iOS 7 include:
• Your Daily Snapshot shown front-and-center when you open the app – a summary of what you can expect from the day’s weather.
• The Local Forecast Summary, a brief summary of what you can expect from the weather over the next 3-5 days for your location.
• Customizable current weather conditions detail – hide the detail that you don’t care about.
• Interactive elements highlighted throughout the app in blue for easy navigation.
Download AccuWeather – Weather for Life today for free and experience the Superior Accuracy™ that comes from high-quality weather forecasting.
What's New in Version 7.0.4
In version 7.0
We listened to your feedback, focusing on stability and simplicity while providing a more informative picture of your forecast than ever before!
• NEW! Completely redesigned for iOS 7
• NEW! MinuteCast™ – minute by minute weather forecasts for the next two hours hyper-localized to your exact street address
• NEW! Immersive weather condition animations
• NEW! Consistent tappable color to highlight interactive elements
• NEW! 72-hour forecast, plus 6 hours of historical hourly content
• NEW! Forecasts that are more detailed than ever before
• Now offering radar in Canada, Europe, and Japan
• More options for personalization
• Robust content caching for offline use
New update and layout Feb 2014
I have had this app for years now, used it all the time, everyday. Yesterday I deleted it, the new layout is trying to be too clever. If not online all the information is cleared until it can refresh. rather than keeping it on screen until it does manage to up date. The layout is not great having to swish and search all over the place to find a forecast for the next 15 days. I couldn't find it. I will be searching for a new app. However this one will not be coming back. Also it's not accurate at all, just like the website. A more suitable name should be generalisedWeather
One step forward, two back
Some of the new features are interesting, but now, if you are not online it will not display any information, as it will try to load an update of data, but blocking any information you already had.
Also, previously the information shown was quite straightforward and perfect. The graphs are nice, but it has removed information that was very useful and it is now harder to see the hour by hour information.
I use the application on the move and not always is possible to connect or retrieve the data. I just get a blue screen with the logo showing that is trying to load. Before, I could see what the forecast was from the last load, even if it could not get an update.
Not a good update of this application, I am afraid.
One look weather
Easy 'now' view but if I want to know the weather now I look out of the window. It is more effort but still intuitive for a wealth of info - a lot of the reviewers are change resistant. Info overload? 12 hours on one view would be good. Also, users may want to know weather at a specific time each day, so it should be customisable to get a one touch view of 'before the gig' or 'at the match' or 'after work' or whatever.
- Category: Weather
- Updated: 26 February 2014
- Version: 7.0.4
- Size: 29.3 MB
- Languages: English, Bokmål, Norwegian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Developer: Steven Mesko
- © 2014 AccuWeather, Inc
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Remove Ads£1.99