Browse free of annoying ads with Adblock Plus on Safari for iOS.
Browse safer and faster, and save your data with the #1 ad blocker in the world!
Ad blocker from Adblock Plus
- Market leader since 2006
- Downloaded over 400 million times
More efficient browsing
Ads can cause pages to load slower, eat up your data plan and consume your battery. By blocking ads, Adblock Plus for iOS helps you:
- Save data
- Save battery life
Safe and private
- Ad blocking prevents nasty stuff like malware and tracking that can hide behind ads.
- Reduce the risk of malware infection
- Enhance your privacy
- Recommended by Stanford University, UC Santa Barbara, Electronic Frontier Foundation
You’re in control
- Annoying ads are blocked and some nonintrusive ads are displayed by default
- You can change this setting at any time (Settings -> Acceptable Ads)
- Adblock Plus for iOS is a content blocker for iOS 9, and it supports the same devices as iOS 9, including iPhone 4s and above, iPad 2 and above, or iPad mini and above.
- Older (non 64-bit) devices such as the iPhone 4 or iPad are not compatible.
- This is a limitation set by Apple, not Adblock Plus.
About Adblock Plus
Adblock Plus for iOS was created by the team at Adblock Plus, the world’s most popular ad blocker. Check out Adblock Plus for desktop!
Discover more at https://adblockplus.org/
- Add your favorite sites to a whitelist
- Automatically update content blocking lists
- Other bug fixes and improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Scrap the YT app
Using ipad4 mini 128gb on iOS 11 with all updates installed.
Been using AdBlock on PCs for years. But on trying this app on my new iPad the ads seemed immune to whatever the app was trying to block them with. That was using the YT app. So established that indeed ABP can’t affect the native YT app.
Running Safari and accessing YOU TUBE via a search, clicking on that SEEMED to launch the site but I found what was happening was the link was actually launching the YT app without so-reporting, hence ads worming their evil way back in.
Seemed but one way to get around that so I took it.
Binned the You Tube app! (Britspeak for uninstalled it)
Now running Ad Block Plus in Safari and - no ads so far. Handling YT in Safari is clunkier than using its app, to be expected. But to be rid of the now ad-infested view that Google has foisted us with is just great. Some ads, I’d no objections as the service offered is pretty good. But like most ultra big business Google got ultra greedy and flooded YT with ads every several minutes. Hence my reaction.
Can't believe it was this easy to block ads. Recently I seemed to be seeing lots more ads in safari. This app has done away with it. Can't stand those ads that stop the article you're reading from scrolling properly. Now not an issue.
To the person worried about mic and camera access- mine didn't request permission. But more to the point you can't get malware on iOS. It's a closed system and apple wouldn't allow an app to pass through to the App Store anyway without checking this out.
User interface gets in the way.
The tool bar at the bottom of the screen is inconvenient: it overlaps the bottom of the page and prevents clicking on any links that are there. I cannot even clear my history because of that. The toolbar should share the screen with the page, not overlap it. Besides that annoying usability issue, I'm very happy with this browser!
- Eyeo GmbH
- 30.6 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Wi-Fi (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation) and iPod touch (6th generation).
- English, Arabic, Bengali, Croatian, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Greek, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2015 Eyeo GmbH
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.