Adobe® Nav for Photoshop®
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Enjoy a whole new way to interact with Photoshop CS5. Tap and swipe your iPad screen to transfer images instantly to Adobe Photoshop CS5, browse open documents in Photoshop CS5, and activate Photoshop CS5 tools.
With Adobe Nav — a companion app to Adobe Photoshop CS5 software (version 12.0.4 or later required) — you can now instantly transfer images from your iPad directly to Photoshop CS5 and use your iPad to browse and select open Photoshop documents and activate Photoshop tools. As long as you have a network connection between your iPad and your computer, you can take advantage of the two-way connection. Instantly share an image in your iPad photo library with Photoshop CS5. Browse, reorder, view, and zoom in on up to 200 open Photoshop documents on your iPad. Tap a document on your iPad to immediately make it active in Photoshop CS5. Use your iPad to easily share and review files you are working on in Photoshop CS5 while you’re away from your desk or computer. And customize the Photoshop CS5 toolbar on your iPad to easily access the tools you use most.
• Transfer images from your iPad directly into Photoshop CS5 for editing and retouching.
• Browse, reorder, view, and zoom in on up to 200 open Photoshop documents on your iPad screen.
• Tap any open document in Photoshop on your iPad to make it the active document in Photoshop CS5.
• Use your fingertips to select and activate Photoshop CS5 tools from your iPad screen.
• Customize the way the Photoshop CS5 toolbar appears on your iPad screen to make your most frequently used tools easily accessible. You can save one Adobe Nav toolbar configuration with up to 16 tools.
Extend the Photoshop CS5 experience to your iPad with Adobe Nav for Photoshop CS5.
• With Photoshop CS5 (version 12.0.4 or later) and Photoshop companion apps from Adobe and the developer community, take advantage of interaction between Photoshop and apps on your iPad.
• Make sure you have Photoshop CS5 version 12.0.4 or later so you can connect your apps with Photoshop CS5.
• If you don’t own Photoshop CS5, purchase it on its own or as part of Adobe Creative Suite® 5.5 software.
• Want to give feedback or send questions to the Photoshop team? Visit http://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family.
NOTE, please read requirements:
• ***You need Photoshop CS5 version 12.0.4 or later to connect this app with the desktop version of Photoshop.***
• Your iPad and the computer running Photoshop CS5 must be on the same wireless network to connect with each other.
• This app will not work with Photoshop CS4 or earlier.
To update your copy of Photoshop CS5 to version 12.0.4 or later, do one of the following:
• Select Updates from the Help menu in Photoshop CS5.
• Download the update from www.adobe.com/downloads/updates.
Having issues connecting the apps to Photoshop? Visit http://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family.
What's New in Version 1.1
* Create multiple sets of tools
* Add Photoshop actions to any toolset
Must have app
First off the bat, it says very very clearly in the supporting copy you must have CS5. To complain because you are too lazy to read is rather foolish.
This app is absolutely the best. If you have CS5 you must own this app it is that good.
I use a Cintiq and this app allows me even more short cuts without having to go anywhere near my keyboard. Also I can have the majority of my tool bars hidden to give me more real estate on my Cintiq screen.
The app boasts a very slick intuitive UI that works brilliantly. The app also holds your current project in its cache. Need to show work in progress to a client or other department? Just wander over with your iPad and flip through your work in the palm of your hand.
Additionally you can open and select your current images via the app. If your cutting and pasting from a source image it's so much smoother now to flip between images.
I love this app so much. It really is the first app I've bought that feels like a true functioning tool that I'll actually use on a daily basis.
Wanna streamline you're workflow at a steal of a price, this is a real no brainer. Can't wait to see what future updates bring.
Well done Adobe!
This app is probably the most useful Adobe have made, provides two hand operation of photoshop with my pen tablet in right and ipad in left with quick access to tools and colour picker etc. very quick transfer of images between computer and ipad and vise versa, this will be my main method for image transfer to pc now. My customers can view work I'm creating from the ipad too. cant believe how well it works, wish id bought it ages ago.
Thanks Adobe. Can you make it compatible with illustrator as well please ;)
Really speeds up work, especially when working with multiple files. also doubles as a great, quick way to send photos from iPad to PC.
No input lag and it does what says on the tin. One thing that would've made it even better would be the integration of layers and layer styles. But definitely worth buying!
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: 04 January 2012
- Version: 1.1
- Size: 2.8 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Japanese
- Developer: Adobe Systems, Inc.
- ©Adobe Systems Incorporated 2011. All Rights Reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPad.