The free Adobe Scan app turns your device into a powerful portable PDF scanner that recognizes text automatically (OCR). Use this mobile document scanner to turn anything — receipts, notes, documents, pictures, business cards, whiteboards — into an Adobe PDF with content you can reuse from each PDF and photo scan.
HOW IT WORKS:
With the Adobe Scan scanner app, you can make anything scannable. Use the PDF scanner to quickly create a photo or PDF scan.
• CAPTURE. Scan anything with precision with this mobile PDF scanner. Advanced image technology automatically detects borders, sharpens scanned content, and recognizes text (OCR).
• ENHANCE. Touch up scans or photos from your camera roll. Whether it’s a PDF or photo scan, you can preview, reorder, crop, rotate, and adjust color.
• REUSE. Turn your photo scan into a high-quality Adobe PDF that unlocks content through automated text recognition (OCR). You can reuse content from each PDF scan thanks to OCR.
WHAT CAN ADOBE SCAN DO FOR YOU?
The Adobe Scan document scanner is so easy and powerful to use, you’ll say, “This is the PDF scanner for me.”
• SCAN ANYTHING, ANYWHERE, ANYTIME. Capture forms, receipts, notes, and business cards with this mobile PDF scanner. The Adobe Scan scanner app even lets you scan multi-page documents and save with a single tap.
• RECYCLE CONTENT. The Adobe Scan PDF scanner makes any content scannable and reusable. Free, built-in optical character recognition (OCR) lets you reuse scanned content by creating a high-quality PDF that you can work with in Adobe Acrobat Reader.
• QUICKLY FIND DOCUMENTS IN PHOTOS. This powerful scanner app automatically finds documents and receipts in your photos and turns them into PDF scans, so you don't have to. Automatic OCR turns text into content you can edit and reuse.
• SAVE BUSINESS CARDS TO CONTACTS. Scan a business card and Adobe Scan turns into a fast business card scanner and reader. Contact information will be automatically extracted so you can quickly add to your device contacts — no typing needed.
• GET MORE DONE ON THE GO. Save each PDF scan to Adobe Document Cloud for instant access and sharing. Even lengthy legal documents become manageable and scannable with the Adobe Scan scanner app, which lets you search, select, and copy text. You can also open a PDF scan in Acrobat Reader to highlight key sections and add comments.
• GET CONNECTED. The Adobe Scan document scanner connects you to the world’s best document services that let you do even more with your PDFs. Edit PDF and photo scans, convert to Microsoft Office, fill and sign, and send for tracked signatures.
IN-APP PURCHASE DETAILS
If you want to do more with your scans, you have the option of purchasing a PDF Pack subscription for US$9.99/month (includes Export PDF).
• Payment will be charged to your iTunes account upon confirmation of purchase.
• Subscriptions automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. You can manage or turn off auto-renew in your Apple ID Account Settings any time after purchase.
• Performance and stability.
Ratings and Reviews
Needs Greek OCR Support, but otherwise great app!
Once this app supports Greek as one of its recognized OCR languages, I will happily upgrade this review to 5 stars.
Love the way this app gives you the ability to crop uneven diagonal edges of the paper to make it straighten itself out. (That feature is wonderful)
One big issue the scan feature currently has though is that it often erroneously auto-crops just parts of the page. (For example, it will often erroneously treat either a fold-line of the paper you're scanning or a spreadsheet gridline section as though it was the exterior borders of the whole page, so many times won't capture the whole page in front of you (even though the camera can clearly see the whole document on the screen). So this app could also do with a way for the user to set where the scannable area starts and finishes (pre-scan), so that we can correct what the app thinks is the whole document whenever it recognizes the wrong sections as the edges of the paper.
Otherwise, this is a great app though! (Definitely the best scanner app for a smartphone I have ever used), so once the above two points have been fixed, I will gladly upgrade my review to the 5 stars it otherwise deserves!
Great work adobe!
Brilliant scanning app, this manages to grab the page you need most of the time. Some blurry images, some errors in page recognition and the OCR isn’t flawless, but I’ve captured thousands of pages of manuscript material with this and it’s a godsend to my research.
Please, please, please add a feature to delete LOCAL data, though. Recent scans are saved locally, even after uploading to Document Cloud - and deleting from within the scan app also deleted the Cloud file. ‘Old’ files do seem to be removed locally eventually, but without any instruction or clear reason - really limiting the usefulness of the app for prolonged scanning missions.
Best scanner app out there
I was so pleased with the quality of the scans (if it takes the first photo too quickly just have another go)..just could not understand why it would not give an option to join two or more scans into one document..then I discovered the photo icon..click on there and it gives you an option to ‘take another photo’... in that way you can scan as many documents you want and it automatically saves them as one.
- Adobe Systems, Inc.
- 139.2 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Adobe Systems Incorporated and its licensors
- In-App Purchases
- Adobe PDF Pack £9.99
- Adobe PDF Pack £87.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.