** Affinity Designer for iPad supports iPad Pro, iPad Air 2 and iPad (early 2017 onwards). Please note that older iPads are not supported. **
Affinity Designer is the fastest, smoothest, most precise vector graphic design software available for the iPad. Whether you’re working on graphics for marketing materials, websites, icons, UI design or just like creating cool concept art, Affinity Designer will revolutionize how you work.
Everything you would expect from your professional graphic design software that you can just pick up and take wherever you go, totally free from the confines of your desk. Welcome to your new reality.
Built with input from some of the world’s leading designers and based on Apple Design Award-winning technology, Affinity Designer for iPad takes all the power and precision of our outstanding desktop app and converts it into a stunning immersive experience.
Optimised for iPad
• Metal-accelerated to achieve blazing-fast performance.
• Sensitive to pressure, tilt and angle, Affinity Designer harnesses the full power and precision of Apple Pencil.
• Full iCloud drive integration allows for seamless file management, storage and sharing.
• Panning and zooming is always live at 120fps.
• Live gradients, transforms, effects and adjustments.
• Live pixel and retina view of vector artwork, wireframe view, split screen mode.
• Seamless switching between tools and editing modes for frustration-free design.
Perfect colour and output
• Professional CMYK, LAB, RGB and Grayscale colour models.
• Full 16-bit per channel editing.
• End-to-end ICC colour management.
• Advanced Lanczos 3 image resampling plus Bicubic, Bilinear and Nearest Neighbor methods.
• Rock solid vector tools that work just the way you want them to.
• Live effects, blend modes, image adjustments, and raster and vector masks for any part of your design.
• Use the strengths of vector and raster behaviours for the best of both worlds.
• The best pen tool, pencil tool, corner tool, curve editing, geometry operations, and smart shape tools available.
• High quality raster tools for texturing, masking and finishing artwork. Create your own brushes too.
• Artboards, symbols, constraints and stored assets give the ultimate flexibility for UI and graphic design.
- Support for new iPad Pro.
- Support for new Apple Pencil.
Ratings and Reviews
Great start but flawed
I would imagine all the 5 star reviews are from people who do not use the app in a professional environment. Why do I say that? Well, the pdf handling is poor at best. The importing of pdfs to work on is flakey, and exporting is even worse which often results in any any PDF’s imported being totally ignored and ending up with a blank export. It’s not an Adobe killer by far and anyone saying that is obviously not working in the deign industry. Whilst it’s a great iPad app for doing a bit of simple illustration it completely lacks the accuracy of Adobe Illustrator on the MacBook Pro. Yes, it’s a great start and a massively welcome addition to the iPad Pro, it’s lacking accuracy and it’s implementation of the pen tool is weak and unrealiable. Sometimes you just want to move a node slightly but 50% or more of the time it moves the handles instead. Placement of nodes is also a hit and miss affair. It also never remembers what stroke weight and colour you were previously using which is fundamental to design apps. I don’t want to be too harsh because this is by far the best offering so far on the graphic design front on iPad Pro but it’s still got a long way to go. This app is no Adobe killer and that’s coming from a deign professional.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for your feedback. I've not been able to replicate the issue with a blank PDF being created on export. We are aware of the issue with the move tool and should see improvements to this. If you'd like to post on our Forums about the PDF issues with import/export it can be investigated by the support team: https://affin.co/forumQI
Powerful app but some tool palettes feel unfinished
Initially I was very impressed with this software, but the more I delve the more frustrated I'm getting. Selecting, saving and copying colours feels cumbersome (must use the eyedropper tool). The main toolbars look good but some tool pallets seem unfinished, are cryptic (just numbers), some lead you to odd results with no easy way to return to defaults. Some things like on screen calculators look disproportionally small compared with the rest of the UI, context lists will often only show two or three options at a time even if there's only five options! Saving files to iCloud is unclear.
This app has huge potential and is paving the way for professional level apps on iPad, the canvas is fluid and responsive (apart from the Pen tool which hugely offsets node placement for no reason, hence 4 stars instead of 5), the multitouch gestures work well, it seems stable so far, is very likely the most powerful vector graphics app on iPad, but the app doesn't feel fully cooked yet.
I really love the idea of being able to draw in vectors and knew how extremely limited Adobe’s Illustrator is, so after giving that a go, I decided to purchase AD and see what it’s like.
I have never really used anything vector based on desktop so it was a little confusing at first, but I started getting used to it. However, there’s a few things that I just do not understand why they weren’t implemented in the first place. There’s basic things that are missing like a canvas mirror option, a full transform tool, a vector eraser tool and a magic select tool, as well as a few other. I wanted an app that lets me do a complete picture in it by vector, and this isn’t it sadly. I’m still drawing my art in Medibang and putting it in here, and then being disappointed at the lack of basic features and just giving up.
Honestly all I want are the four things I listed and I will be very happy.
As of right now though, it still needs some work.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for leaving a review. Feel free to leave suggestions on how we can make our app better in the Feature Request section on our support forum: https://affin.co/forum
- Serif (Europe) Ltd.
- 907.3 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
- English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Serif (Europe) Ltd
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.