** Affinity Photo for iPad supports iPad Pro, iPad Air 2 and iPad (early 2017). Please note that older iPads are not supported. **
Affinity Photo is the first fully featured, truly professional photo editing tool for iPad - built from exactly the same back-end as our award-winning desktop version and fully optimised to harness the power of iPad’s hardware and touch capabilities.
Photo for iPad offers an incredibly fast, powerful and immersive experience whether you are at home, in the studio, or on the move. With meticulous attention to detail each tool, panel and control has been completely reimagined for touch. All rendering, adjustments, brushes and filters have been fully hardware accelerated using Metal. The result is an all-new way to interact with your images, with performance you will find hard to believe.
• Full support for unlimited layers, layer groups, adjustment layers, filter layers and masks
• Resize layers without any loss of quality. Lock, hide, duplicate and merge layers easily
• Edit live filters, adjustments, effects, blend modes and masks non-destructively
• Undo history can be saved with the document so you can always undo your changes
• Task-focused workspaces for developing, post-processing, tone mapping and liquify
Professional image processing
• Open RAW and other images in a dedicated pre-processing workspace
• Adjust exposure, blackpoint, clarity, vibrance, white balance, shadows, highlights and much more
• Recover detail thought to be lost by editing in an unbounded linear color space
• Advanced lens corrections including chromatic aberration, defringe, vignette and best-in-class noise reduction
• View histograms, blown highlights, shadows and tones as well as EXIF information
• Focus Merge, HDR Merge and Tone mapping for advanced image processing
• 360° image support including full projected image editing
• Panorama stitching including full perspective corrections and lighting adjustments
• Full support for image channels
• Massive collection of effects available, including blurs, distortions, tilt-shift, shadows, glows, lighting and many more
Quality retouching and correction tools
• Intuitive selection brush and refinement makes selections simple, even down to strands of hair
• Instantly remove unwanted objects with an incredibly advanced Inpainting brush
• Dodge, burn, clone, patch, blemish and red eye tools
• Smooth and retouch skin with built-in frequency separation
• Apply high quality single-plane and dual-plane perspective correction as well as fully customisable mesh warps - all in real time
• Dedicated Liquify persona gives freehand control over warps, twirls, pinch, punch and turbulence
Advanced brush engine
• Huge library of painting, drawing, textures and professional DAUB® Brushes included
• Create custom brushes and nozzles with full control over advanced dynamics
• Extensive collection of brush tools including Paint, Mixer, Pixel, Colour Replacement, Blur, Smudge, Sharpen and Undo brushes
Engineered for Professionals
• Open, edit and save Photoshop® PSD files
• RGB, CMYK, HDR, Greyscale and LAB colour spaces
• End-to-end CMYK workflow with ICC colour management and OCIO support
• Full 16 and 32-bit per channel editing
• Work with all standard formats like PNG, TIFF, JPG, GIF, SVG, EPS, EXR, HDR, PSD and PDF
• Cross-platform compatibility with iOS, macOS and Windows® with 100% file compatibility
Optimised for iPad
• Metal accelerated to achieve blazing-fast performance, even when editing large images
• Sensitive to pressure, tilt and angle, Affinity Photo harnesses the full power and precision of Apple Pencil
• Full iCloud drive integration allows for seamless file management, storage and sharing
- Added support for brush nozzle base texture mode.
- New Undo/Redo gesture with two and three finger tap.
- Added drag modifiers to studio icons for colour, text, navigator and history.
- Added canvas rotation control via Navigator Studio.
- Added swipe gesture to swap primary and secondary colours on the Colour Studio
- Context menu now uses a long-press release gesture to invoke.
- Added two-finger hold gesture to resize a layer from its centre.
- During shape creation, a two-finger hold gesture will transform the layer.
- On the Layers Studio, with a layer selected, a two-finger tap on another layer will select all layers in between.
- On the Layers Studio, pinch inwards (either vertically or horizontally) to group selected layers. To ungroup, do the opposite and pinch out.
- With the Move Tool active, a two-finger hold gesture on a layer plus a one finger drag duplicates the selected layer.
- Easy access to merge and rasterise commands via Layer Studio icons.
- New Export persona. A new workspace for exporting regions of your image as slices.
- Improved brush stroke lag and small stroke response.
- Brushes remember previously used stroke settings.
- Move any custom brush to any category.
- Added support for on-screen keyboard trackpad mode.
- Added Tab key to on-screen keyboard context bar.
- Updated Persona icons.
- Numerous other improvements and bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
Pro editing tools for your iPad with a simple, user-friendly interface.
Powerful and Professional
This app is a great professional photo editing app, it contains a lot of features and is just like photoshop but has its own flare to it. The ability to use it on my iPad is great because I can edit my photos on the go and use it at school, also I can transfer my documents and use my PSD files from school on this. I love how the features are serious and no snapchat style features. I can easily select and manipulate different layers and combined with a stylus, (or finger) I can paint digital art. Also the fact I only have to pay £20 once is fantastic. This is a great app for students who are on a budget and don’t want to pay monthly for photoshop, and is great for professional photographers who know how to use every complicated feature. It is great for graphic design however if you are into that field of work I would keep up to date with the news of Affinity Designer (photos sister app) for when that becomes available on iPad. Overall this is a great app and would recommend it to anybody who wants to work with photos. Thanks Serif!
Excellent in almost all respects
I have an IPad Pro 10.5 and bought this programme and an Apple Pencil in order to process my photos on the go when on a trip rather than hundreds when I get back. I sometimes took a MacBook Air but An IPad is so much more convenient and versatile when travelling. This programme is superb with great functionality, good tutorials and very good results. Certainly more functionality than Lightroom 5 that I use on my desktop. The big downside is exporting the finished images, rather than drag and drop to another programme or some form of bulk export each image has to be exported one by one (I have just moved 60+). I don’t use Apple’s Photo programme so to get full fat images I upload to ICloud and then download, copy and paste into a folder. This is so time consuming and a real blight to my workflow, maybe I haven’t figured out a better solution but hopefully this apparently simple task can be made easier as well as enabling me to escape the Apple ecosystem. Or am I just missing something simple??
- Serif (Europe) Ltd.
- 901.3 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 11.1 or later. Compatible with iPad.
- English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Serif (Europe) Ltd
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.