By Serif Labs
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
** Affinity Photo for iPad supports iPad Pro, iPad Air 2 and iPad (early 2017). Please note that older iPads are not supported. **
Affinity Photo is the first fully featured, truly professional photo editing tool for iPad - built from exactly the same back-end as our award-winning desktop version and fully optimised to harness the power of iPad’s hardware and touch capabilities.
Photo for iPad offers an incredibly fast, powerful and immersive experience whether you are at home, in the studio, or on the move. With meticulous attention to detail each tool, panel and control has been completely reimagined for touch. All rendering, adjustments, brushes and filters have been fully hardware accelerated using Metal. The result is an all-new way to interact with your images, with performance you will find hard to believe.
• Full support for unlimited layers, layer groups, adjustment layers, filter layers and masks
• Resize layers without any loss of quality. Lock, hide, duplicate and merge layers easily
• Edit live filters, adjustments, effects, blend modes and masks non-destructively
• Undo history can be saved with the document so you can always undo your changes
• Task-focused workspaces for developing, post-processing, tone mapping and liquify
Professional image processing
• Open RAW and other images in a dedicated pre-processing workspace
• Adjust exposure, blackpoint, clarity, vibrance, white balance, shadows, highlights and much more
• Recover detail thought to be lost by editing in an unbounded linear color space
• Advanced lens corrections including chromatic aberration, defringe, vignette and best-in-class noise reduction
• View histograms, blown highlights, shadows and tones as well as EXIF information
• Focus Merge, HDR Merge and Tone mapping for advanced image processing
• 360° image support including full projected image editing
• Panorama stitching including full perspective corrections and lighting adjustments
• Full support for image channels
• Massive collection of effects available, including blurs, distortions, tilt-shift, shadows, glows, lighting and many more
Quality retouching and correction tools
• Intuitive selection brush and refinement makes selections simple, even down to strands of hair
• Instantly remove unwanted objects with an incredibly advanced Inpainting brush
• Dodge, burn, clone, patch, blemish and red eye tools
• Smooth and retouch skin with built-in frequency separation
• Apply high quality single-plane and dual-plane perspective correction as well as fully customisable mesh warps - all in real time
• Dedicated Liquify persona gives freehand control over warps, twirls, pinch, punch and turbulence
Advanced brush engine
• Huge library of painting, drawing, textures and professional DAUB® Brushes included
• Create custom brushes and nozzles with full control over advanced dynamics
• Extensive collection of brush tools including Paint, Mixer, Pixel, Colour Replacement, Blur, Smudge, Sharpen and Undo brushes
Engineered for Professionals
• Open, edit and save Photoshop® PSD files
• RGB, CMYK, HDR, Greyscale and LAB colour spaces
• End-to-end CMYK workflow with ICC colour management and OCIO support
• Full 16 and 32-bit per channel editing
• Work with all standard formats like PNG, TIFF, JPG, GIF, SVG, EPS, EXR, HDR, PSD and PDF
• Cross-platform compatibility with iOS, macOS and Windows® with 100% file compatibility
Optimised for iPad
• Metal accelerated to achieve blazing-fast performance, even when editing large images
• Sensitive to pressure, tilt and angle, Affinity Photo harnesses the full power and precision of Apple Pencil
• Full iCloud drive integration allows for seamless file management, storage and sharing
What's New in Version 1.6.4
- New “Macro studio” (import / playback).
- Added "Export LUT" to document menu.
- Allow “Focus Merge” to use RAW sources.
- The “Curves” adjustment spline editor now presents an intensity histogram.
- Increased the maximum size of the liquify brush tools.
- Wet edges can now have a custom interpolation spline.
- New pinch gesture support for grouping / ungrouping layers.
- “Passthrough” blending is now supported for groups.
- Develop now has the same crop tool options as the main crop tool.
- Efforts to reduce the size of the application binary.
- Significant improvements in performance for large / complex documents.
- Photo library now shows all user albums / folders.
- ABR import improvements.
- The “Curves” adjustment now responds properly to dragging on the document to set node positions.
- Show adjustment groups, mask groups properly in the layers page.
- Significant memory handling improvements when using Core Image RAW.
- Photo library chooser will reload when external changes occur.
- Switch between button menus now only requires one press.
- Allow “Place Image” to place original images from Photos.
- When creating a document from the camera, metadata is now available.
- Added "Convert to Curves" to command menu.
- Selection refinement stability / performance improvements.
- Improved HDR merge of RAW images.
- Move tool transform nodes can now be hit more reliably.
- Selection marquee tools support extra-finger-constrain.
- New option to dither gradients in preferences - defaults to “on”.
- Significant pan / zoom smoothness improvements.
- Directional lights in the lighting filter can now be directed using on-canvas handles.
- Adjustments / filters preview react to changes in canvas size.
- Fixed HDR merge of portrait images.
- Fixed some brushes looking wrong on masks / adjustments.
- Fixed rendering of adjustment layers with blend modes.
- Fixed some Live Filter drawing artefacts.
- Fixed some LUT R/B channel swap issues.
- Fixes for the inpainting tool occasionally leaving red marks.
- Fixes for liquify (and other tools) cancelling if you drag off the edge of the screen.
- Fixed crashes when a font has no traits.
- Fixed issue where a document failing to load would prevent subsequent loads.
- Fixed painting onto masks / adjustments.
- Fixed pasteboard issues.
- Fixed vignette artefacts.
- Fixed selection “marching ants” flickering on zoom.
- Fixed the grid becoming less visible on light areas of the document.
- Fixed issues where the text tool would cause the document to pan to a silly position.
- Fixed snapping dialog oddities .
- Fixed black screen when opening documents in OCIO colour spaces.
- Fixed mixer brush introducing too much black.
- Help improvements.
- Localisation improvements.
- Numerous other small fixes and improvements.
I have been using this for about 10 days now and I have to say that this is a first class photo editing app! Compare this to Photoshop Mix, Fix and Lightroom and it beats them hands down, and there is no subscription to use Affinity. The interface looks really professional and well thought out, the help tips and help files are really useful, and there are even built in video tutorials! I have seen some negative reveiws about Affinity Photo in the App store, but I can honestly say that I have not experienced crashes and freezes at all, and I am using it on an iPad Air 2. I can't reccomend this app highly enough.
I've paid hundreds of pounds in the past for Photoshop. This app is amazing for the price. It works extremely well on the iPad Pro. It's like having the desktop version on your tab. Still learning the interface but from what I've seen it contains all the tools you need. There are also some great Affinity tutorials online. Overall really pleased with this app.
Hopeless not even beta imho
I'd love to love this app but in reality it is still far far too broken.
This really shouldn't even be considered a saleable item yet, if you are beta testing this please fire your beta testers lol.
I'll persevere with it but it's so frustrating to spend 20 minutes working on a photo for it to,suddenly crash and then have no save or anything to show for the work.
I'm using 2nd gen iPad Pro 12.9 running both latest iOS and affinity versions.
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: 18 August 2017
- Version: 1.6.4
- Size: 988 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Developer: Serif (Europe) Ltd.
- © 2017 Serif (Europe) Ltd
Compatibility: Requires iOS 10.3 or later. Compatible with iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Wi-Fi (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, and 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular.