Air Hockey Gold
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Thanks to the millions of Air Hockey players around the world! Air Hockey Gold is CNET's #1 of the 15 Best Free iPad Games! #1 free game for the iPad - Tech Radar. One of the top 10 free iPad games of all time! - Yahoo Games. The #1 iPad game in the UK! "My favorite application...Acceleroto's Air Hockey...it is so awesome" - Patrick Norton, Revision3
Play on your iPhone or iPad! Featured by Gizmodo's Kotaku & TUAW!
On the All-Time Top Free iPhone & iPad Apps lists!
This is the ad-supported free version of Air Hockey by Acceleroto. For awesome Air Hockey action without any ads, get Air Hockey!
Join the millions of people who love Air Hockey by Acceleroto! "Air Hockey from Acceleroto is the best" - Macworld.
With the option for 1 or 2 pucks, this 1 and 2-player air hockey favorite is a blast for young & old alike! This is the only air hockey that lets you play with 2 pucks at once!
If you're alone, play a computer opponent ranging from Kiddie to INSANE! Get a friend and grab your mallets to see who dominates the table in 2-player mode. Try off the wall banks & combos to spoil your opponent's defenses and be the first to score 7 points - just like in real air hockey!
You'll play with easy to control mallets that aren't too big or small and a puck that rockets across the table. The goals are sized to perfectly balance rapid game play and the challenge of the game. Advanced physics and air hockey sounds make the game act and sound like you're playing on a real table!
Air Hockey by Acceleroto. Hit it!
Follow us on twitter for the latest news bits:
Lead developer: Bryan Duke (@GrouchoDuke)
Bluetooth multiplayer is not supported on 1st generation iPhones or iPod touches.
If you want an ad-free version of this game, buy Air Hockey by Acceleroto!
What's New in Version 1.18.1
Tested on the iPhone 5S! This is a quick fix for a bug we accidentally sprinkled in on the last version. If you missed version 1.18, here's what was new:
HUGE UPDATE! Millions of thanks to the millions of Air Hockey players across the world! You want iOS 7...you want Air Hockey...you really want this update! Here’s the low down on the awesome new stuff:
- iPhone 5 support! Yeah, we know. The iPhone 5 and 5th generation iPod touch have been out for a while. We can’t tell you yet about the secret new game we’re working on, but it got in the way (big time) of you getting awesome Air Hockey action on your new widescreen device. Air Hockey’s been around since the beginning of the App Store (remember when it was the #1 paid game!?) -- it took some hammers and chisels to make Air Hockey perfect for the iPhone 5. Just in time for the new new new ones!
- Completely redesigned interface! Air Hockey’s old menu system for the iPhone and iPod touch was pretty boring. Ugly even. So, we ripped it out and completely started over. The new look on the iPhone and iPod touch is fresh, shiny, and (dare we say) way way better.
- Improved wireless 2 player games! You have a couple iPads around your house, right? Who doesn’t!? Grab them both and play Air Hockey against each other wirelessly. Since the Air Hockey table size changes quite a bit between the widescreen & non-widescreen iPhones and the iPad, you have to play against someone with a similar screen layout as you -- no iPad to iPhone 3GS games, that’d be silly! You can even do great stuff like play wireless games between Air Hockey and Air Hockey Gold. It’s like magic!
- Performance improvements! With some more work under the hood, our testing showed a 1-puck single-player game ran at 60 frames per second on the iPhone 5 using only around 3% of the CPU. Our custom physics engine is still running at 1000Hz (that’s 1000 times a second!) for the best Air Hockey on iOS! Crazy!
- Squashed some bugs & probably sprinkled in some new ones. Line 2550 in the main game file really needed some work.
- New icons! Ok, this isn’t earth shattering, but we want the icon to look great on your device. The Air Hockey icon looks awesome on your device. Beautiful corners - we have ‘em.
- Cleaned up some ads. Not so exciting, but we have to pay the bills (anyone else have twin babies at home?!). We got rid of some old ad networks.
- Dropped iOS support for everything before iOS 4.3. This is a requirement to support the iPhone 5. We really love our players who are still rockin’ their original iPod touches, but we have to move on. (Psst! Get a new iPod touch - they rock too!).
If you like Air Hockey Gold, please take the time to give us a nice review. It really helps.
This app is amazing. It was very responsive, never went glitchy and has always worked for me. This app needs no Wi-fi so is perfect for the train, the bus or any other bored moment. This game is extremely fun to play without being to addictive. It has the option of playing by yourself with an animated opponent or two player on your device. I would recommend this 100%. Looking for a fun new game, this is the one for you. ✅✅✅✅✅✅
It just like the real thing, well, except it's on an iPad and it's virtual. Slow and controlled is often more successful than fast & furious.
If you like to hide in the woods alone for weeks on end you may want to take a book as well as this app.
If you have only a few minutes available to distract you from the responsibilities that distract you from life then this is the app for you.
I love this game but sometimes you can get really bored and I don't really care what people think about this comment because this is my opinion. Plus I don't really think adults should be playing this on easy mode because my brother who's 32 always plays it on KIDDIE and I'm not trying to be rude but yer also kids should play the game on kiddie mode properly because on kiddie mode it lets you win so yer hope for more games in the future by the way I'm 9
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Games
- Updated: 24 September 2013
- Version: 1.18.1
- Size: 46.9 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Developer: Acceleroto
- © 2008-2013 Acceleroto, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.