Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Use AirPort Utility to manage your Wi-Fi network and AirPort base stations, including AirPort Express, AirPort Extreme, and AirPort Time Capsule — right from your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch. See a graphical overview of your Wi-Fi network and devices. Change base station and network settings, or manage advanced features such as security modes, wireless channels, IPv6 configuration, and more.
AirPort Utility works with all Apple 802.11n and 802.11ac Wi-Fi base stations, including AirPort Express, AirPort Extreme, and AirPort Time Capsule.
• See a graphical overview of your Wi-Fi network
• Get information about your connected Wi-Fi devices
• View and change network and Wi-Fi settings
• Restart or restore a base station, or update the firmware on a base station when available
• View or update passwords for your network, base stations, or disks
• Easily access network information such as IP address, DNS servers, and router address
• Manage DHCP reservations and port mappings
• Configure base stations for IPv6
• View status or error messages
• Archive Time Machine backups
What's New in Version 1.3.4
• Adds support for iOS 8
Another great apple product
I was looking for a way I could play music stored on my iPhone 6s Plus to my teac reference 380 hifi. After trawling through website after website and watching lots of videos online about Bluetooth adapters etc I came across the airport express. I now have it hooked to my network and connected to one of the aux outputs on my amplifier. This now means I can airplay music to my hifi and so can my family and friends when they visit. It's great to add to any hifi with an aux output so you can now stream to it wirelessly. Sound quality is great as it's over wifi and not Bluetooth. Thanks again apple!
Brilliant companion app
Works 100% of the time for me and does everything I need. Even gives you prompts when something on your network is set up incorrectly e.g. when a second router attached elsewhere via powerline is using NAT - prompting you to change the airport into bridge mode so as to remove the IP address conflict.
Won't work since iOS8
My app was already installed but it is useless since iOS8. I get the pretty picture, I can click on a device (Airport Extreme & Airport Express) and the basic details are displayed but the in depth menus (Wireless, Network, etc etc) are not available. It asks for a password to see further details and, presumably, edit them but nothing happens when entered.
It has become a completely pointless App if this is a deliberate change.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: 17 September 2014
- Version: 1.3.4
- Size: 14.2 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Developer: Apple Distribution International
- © 2013 Apple, Inc
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.