Alder Play - The Alder Hey Children’s Hospital App is designed to make your child feel more comfortable at Alder Hey and reward them through fun and playful experiences during their visit.
- Take a look around Alder Hey
- Scan stickers at the hospital to unlock playful rewards
- Learn about routine procedures like having a blood test and what it’s like to have an X-ray
- Collect a special badge for being brave
- Bring Alder Hey characters to life and watch them dance
Alder Hey Patients can now unlock a new little character called Shine the Unicorn.
We've also updated the hospital map within the Grown Ups Zone.
Ratings and Reviews
I downloaded the app after reading about it in Apple’s featured section. I haven't been to the hospital but I just wanted to chip in and say this is an excellent idea and one I wish my local hospital had thought of too! A hospital is a place shrouded in mystery and that can be really scary for anyone! Glad this app is here to combat that stigma :)
The sound doesn’t work on the videos and the whole app is a bit glitchy. I’m all for the idea but it’s a very poor execution.
It’s a shame that it popped up as a highlighted app and that it isn’t better.
Love this app and it’s use of AR, 360 imaging and AI to support children and families
It’s looks lovely too
- Alder Hey Living Hospital Ltd
- 393.7 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2017 Alder Hey Living Hospital Ltd
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.