Alien Blue for iPad - Reddit Client
By Morrissey Exchange Pty Ltd
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Alien Blue for iPad is the natural evolution of Reddit for a large touchscreen device. It is feature packed, and designed to let you interact with Reddit like never before.
With all of the features of it's iPhone counter part, Alien Blue for iPad packs even more features, including:
* Retina Graphics for the New iPad
* Sliding navigation to quickly browse posts and subreddits.
* Discover subreddits by topic & interest
* Thumbnail previews for links inside comments
* Night mode option for very low backlight and reduced contrast.
* Four color themes
* Ability to search Reddit's archive of posts
* Manage your subreddits (including Subscribing and Grouping)
* Add / Create Posts (and Self Threads)
* Multiple / Novelty Account Support
* One-Tap Imgur Integration when posting (and when commenting)
* One-Tap Quoting
* One-Tap to "View All Images" in comments
* Large buttons for embedded links
* "Orange Envelope" notifications from your Reddit inbox while you browse.
* Post, and edit your comments
* Exclude posts based on keywords
* Easily identify which comments are made from the Post creator. This is especially developed for AMA and AskReddit style threads.
* Collapsable comments
* Hide-All feature. Get fresh results every time. (syncs automatically with your hidden posts on the Reddit server).
The Reddit Alien logo, trademark and trade dress are trademarks owned by Advance Magazine Publishers Inc. and are used under license.
What's New in Version 2.3.1
Release Notes: Alien Blue (iPad) 2.3.1
- Fixed: [Critical] Imgur albums not loading on iOS 7
- Fixed: Possible crash when merging changes from iCloud
- Fixed: Tapping status bar to scroll to top not working
- Fixed: Account age showing "years" instead of "days"
- Fixed: Potential crash when receiving background notification
A must-have for any Redittor.
Having used this app for a few days, I've found it to be a much more enjoyable experience than the website on the iPad's "Safari" app. Alien Blue doesn't lack any features, and even adds a few (my personal favourite being the slideshow) which make your reddit experience much more enjoyable. Couple this with a slick, attractive and easy to use interface, and you've got yourself (in my opinion) the best reddit client on the App Store.
Definitely worth the £2.49, 10/10
I was a bit annoyed at first that I had to pay £2 something for an app I had already bought the premium version on the iPhone because I assumed it would just be a bigger screen version of the iPhone app however I was completely wrong I must say this app is worth every penny, it is very different from the iPhone version, having a genius interface which makes its so easy to view content.
Excellent app would recommend!
This is now the only way I use reddit, I was hooked from day 1. Great UI, really intuitive, and the developer seems active in listening to redditors' feedback (in r/alienblue). I very rarely (basically never) pay for apps, this is one of the only ones I've bought, and I'd do it again in a second. Can't recommend this enough for anyone who likes reddit.
- Category: News
- Updated: 26 September 2013
- Version: 2.3.1
- Size: 20.1 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Morrissey Exchange Pty Ltd
- © Jason Morrissey
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.