By AMZN Mobile LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Expand your music collection with Prime Music on the Amazon Music app.
Prime members enjoy ad-free access to over a million songs and hundreds of hand-built Prime Playlists at no additional cost. Stream anytime, add to your collection, or download to play offline. There are no playback restrictions or ads, and it’s all included with your Amazon Prime membership.
Deciding what to listen to is simple:
• Find hand-built playlists for what you’re doing right now. For how you’re feeling. For your favourite genre. For an artist you love. We've done the work for you so you can just tap play and enjoy.
• Discover music with song and album recommendations personalised just for you.
• Search or browse through the Prime Music catalogue.
In addition to Prime Music, the free Amazon Music app lets you stream your music library from the cloud or play locally on your iOS device:
• Play music you’ve bought from Amazon, including MP3s and AutoRip CDs & Vinyl. Your Amazon purchases are stored for free in the Amazon cloud.
• Import your iTunes music collection to the Amazon cloud by visiting www.amazon.co.uk/musiclibrary on your Mac or PC. Once imported, the music is available on your iOS device and all other Amazon Music apps. Up to 250 songs can be imported for free, or you can upgrade your account to have storage for up to 250,000 imported songs.
• Play music already stored on your iOS device – you can mix your music with Prime Music songs to make your own unique playlists.
What's New in Version 6.0.0
•Fixes for issues using the app in offline/low network conditions after updating
•Bug fixes and performance improvements
Good but a couple of issues
I use this instead of Apple Music. However there are the following issues.
1. The last few weeks since the updates it's been been very unresponsive at times. I.e waiting a minute before it goes back a screen when you press the back arrow.
2. Really annoying is that they've split the online and offline music completely. It would be good if it was three sections purely online. Then purely offline music and the third option of having all your music offline and online listed. As there are times I want to listen to an artist when one of the albums is from prime and the other offline but I can't combine the two on a playlist!
Nice app and plenty of music choice
Had this about 6 months now and managed to get head around most of the functionality. Has a nice choice of music and has started making good suggestions for me. Easy and intuit enough to navigate and either steam or download and play off line or both as I've done. Nice to have some tunes to play when out and about and don't want to use up too much of data allowance.
Could improve with a watch app ala Apple Music so you can navigate and listen from the watch, other than that it'd be 5 *.
It is a good app does what it needs to do, just one point that now bugs me, since it has been updated the volume control is missing or very hard to find. There is no volume control on my bluetooth speaker and having to use the one on my iPad can be a pain when it is a distance away. Bring back the volume control or if there is one make it easier to find.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Music
- Updated: 12 October 2016
- Version: 6.0.0
- Size: 92.4 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Spanish
- Developer: AMZN Mobile LLC
- © Copyright 2015 Amazon.com and its affiliates.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.