Amazon Music with Prime Music
By AMZN Mobile LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Expand your music collection with Prime Music on the Amazon Music app.
Prime members enjoy ad-free access to over a million songs and hundreds of hand-built Prime Playlists at no additional cost. Stream anytime, add to your collection, or download to play offline. There are no playback restrictions or ads, and it’s all included with your Amazon Prime membership.
Deciding what to listen to is simple:
• Find hand-built playlists for what you’re doing right now. For how you’re feeling. For your favourite genre. For an artist you love. We've done the work for you so you can just tap play and enjoy.
• Discover music with song and album recommendations personalised just for you.
• Search or browse through the Prime Music catalogue.
In addition to Prime Music, the free Amazon Music app lets you stream your music library from the cloud or play locally on your iOS device:
• Play music you’ve bought from Amazon, including MP3s and AutoRip CDs & Vinyl. Your Amazon purchases are stored for free in the Amazon cloud.
• Import your iTunes music collection to the Amazon cloud by visiting www.amazon.co.uk/musiclibrary on your Mac or PC. Once imported, the music is available on your iOS device and all other Amazon Music apps. Up to 250 songs can be imported for free, or you can upgrade your account to have storage for up to 250,000 imported songs.
• Play music already stored on your iOS device – you can mix your music with Prime Music songs to make your own unique playlists.
What's New in Version 5.2.1
Keep the music rolling with Play Queue. Simply click the three dots next to any song, playlist, artist, or album to get started. You will see options to “Play Now”, “Play Next”, or “Add to Play Queue”, and by clicking one of these options users can build up a list of music for playback. Users can also access the Play Queue for editing by clicking the three dots on the Now Playing screen. We have also added 3D Touch shortcuts on the home screen and support for iOS 9.
Brilliant! But could do with...
... A way to rate albums, artists & songs with an point system/star system, and then for the app to recognise the ratings so it can auto generate a playlist titled (for example) "4 Stars & above" or "Favourites". I know you could create your own playlist & then just add songs to that which you like, but I guess I'm just used to using iTunes in that particular fashion.
All in all though a really stable build & a natural & native way to play, & manage your purchases as well as the excellent "Prime Music" addition, which I very much welcome as I have a prime account. It's seamless, smooth & enjoyable to use. Love it!
It's getting better
An app that's improved my listening life! Apple's in built music player has been revamped and feels awkward. This is now my main music player. It imports all my songs and playlists. It allows me to download curated playlists and stream them as well as songs. If you have a wide taste in music then there is something here for you. Not everything is available but it's included within your prime membership .
It's really good, man!
Had this app and service for a few months now and the catalogue is building all the time - the app works well and I can easily add or take off content from my phone. The app could be a bit slicker in how it uses my history but it's still pretty good. I hope the content continues to grow and it would be great to see some newer content too.... then it would get 5* instead of 4* :)
- Category: Music
- Updated: 02 November 2015
- Version: 5.2.1
- Size: 40.3 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Spanish
- Developer: AMZN Mobile LLC
- © Copyright 2015 Amazon.com and its affiliates.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.