Amazon Instant Video / UK
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Instantly stream thousands of movies and TV shows at no additional cost with your Amazon Prime membership. Watch any video rented or purchased from tens of thousands of titles available from Amazon Instant Video.
Prime members also get unlimited streaming of exclusive Amazon Originals. Watch Transparent — winner of two Golden Globes for "Best TV Series, Musical or Comedy" and "Best Actor in a TV Series, Musical or Comedy," the new hit show, Bosch, and original children’s series Creative Galaxy and Tumble Leaf.
With Amazon Instant Video, you can:
• Stream thousands of Prime Instant Video titles at no additional cost with a Prime membership, or watch videos you’ve bought or rented from the Amazon Instant Video website.
• Download purchased and rented videos from Your Video Library for offline viewing on the go when you don’t have a Wi-Fi or mobile data connection.
• Watch on your Apple TV using AirPlay (requires Apple TV 2nd generation or later).
• Watch on your TV using HDMI and your Apple Digital AV Adapter.
• Stream the first episode of selected TV shows for free. First Episode Free videos include advertising before and during your videos.
• Add videos to Your Watchlist from any Amazon Instant Video compatible device for later viewing on your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch.
The Amazon Instant Video app now supports streaming videos with both Wi-Fi and mobile data plans. The app is designed for an unmodified version of iOS.
What's New in Version 3.0
Use your mobile data plan to watch anywhere, anytime
Stream movies and TV shows in HD
Control your mobile data usage and download quality in the settings menu
Worth the money
I avoided the Prime service as I didn't think it would be worth the money. Having taken advantage of a special offer, however, I'm impressed with the amount of worthwhile free viewing available. There are loads of American TV series which don't interest me at all, but once you get past the recommendations on the home page and have a proper look there's enough to compile a decent watch list. A few more documentaries wouldn't go amiss, but I'll be renewing my membership next year.
Better app than Netflix
Netflix might have a bigger selection, but the prime app is far more user friendly (and still has a decent selection of programmes) Being able to tap different parts of the screen and immediately pause, or forward/rewind ten seconds is incredibly useful and easy.
However I think it could be improved by having next episodes load automatically and letting your device go on standby rather than remaining at the paused moment for hours on end.
Finally downloads can be done over the cellular network as well as wifi and with added ability to chose download quality.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: 03 August 2015
- Version: 3.0
- Size: 39.4 MB
- Languages: English, German, Japanese
- Developer: LOVEFiLM
- © 2015 Amazon
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimised for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.