Amazon Music with Prime Music
By AMZN Mobile LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Expand your music collection with Prime Music on the Amazon Music app.
Prime members enjoy ad-free access to over a million songs and hundreds of hand-built Prime Playlists at no additional cost. Stream anytime, add to your collection, or download to play offline. There are no playback restrictions or ads, and it’s all included with your Amazon Prime membership.
Deciding what to listen to is simple:
• Find hand-built playlists for what you’re doing right now. For how you’re feeling. For your favourite genre. For an artist you love. We've done the work for you so you can just tap play and enjoy.
• Discover music with song and album recommendations personalised just for you.
• Search or browse through the Prime Music catalogue.
In addition to Prime Music, the free Amazon Music app lets you stream your music library from the cloud or play locally on your iOS device:
• Play music you’ve bought from Amazon, including MP3s and AutoRip CDs & Vinyl. Your Amazon purchases are stored for free in the Amazon cloud.
• Import your iTunes music collection to the Amazon cloud by visiting www.amazon.co.uk/musiclibrary on your Mac or PC. Once imported, the music is available on your iOS device and all other Amazon Music apps. Up to 250 songs can be imported for free, or you can upgrade your account to have storage for up to 250,000 imported songs.
• Play music already stored on your iOS device – you can mix your music with Prime Music songs to make your own unique playlists.
What's New in Version 5.1
Bug fixes and performance improvements
Play listen... Oh, no repeat
Great but please put the repeat option back in. When I connect to my car via BT it is kind of a pain when the playlist comes to the end as legally I'm not supposed to touch my phone. If the repeat option was there I could just enjoy it all over again with no worries.
Could be so much better
It's great. I love prime membership. The service is cool but the app needs a massive update to get up to the standards of Deezer etc. No EQ settings. Can't fast forward/rewind while plugged into car USB. Sometimes songs crackle like it's being played on an old vinyl. My guess is that this is a new app, it will get updates in the future. I'm posting this so the devs know what improvements could be made. Download Deezer and see the difference.
Ok, but ......
The app works great and very easy to navigate. My one quibble however is a fairly big one, it doesn't stay with what you were listening to if you don't use it for 24 hours. I tend to use the app on the way home from work, as I listen to the radio in the morning, but even leaving the app in the background I can't resume where I left off the day before.
- Category: Music
- Updated: 21 September 2015
- Version: 5.1
- Size: 37.8 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Spanish
- Developer: AMZN Mobile LLC
- © Copyright 2015 Amazon.com and its affiliates.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.