The official American Express® Mobile App for iPhone® allows you to keep track of your Account, pay your bill, view your rewards and log in with the touch of a finger on supported devices with iOS 10+. With an easy-to-use personalised activity timeline, it brings the latest transaction information, Amex Offers and more into a single view. We use your personal information to present offers that we think will be most relevant to you.
• Get quick access to your Account with Touch ID log in (iPhone 5s and above with iOS 10+)
• Log in securely with the same user ID and password you use on americanexpress.co.uk
• Manage your Account, including multiple Card Accounts, and pay your bill
• Check your balance, pending transactions, and access past PDF statements*
• Turn on purchase alerts to be notified when your Card is charged so you can stay on top of daily spending and unexpected charges
• Set up push notifications for payment reminders, Card spend alerts and Rewards activity*
• Enrol, edit or cancel a Direct Debit
• View your Rewards activity including current balance, bonuses achieved, points transferred and redeemed.
• Get personalised reward recommendations (if you’re enrolled in the Membership Rewards programme)
• Use points to pay back eligible purchases via a credit on your Account* (if you’re enrolled in the Membership Rewards programme)
• Explore Amex Offers and enrol with easy, one-click offer enrolment*
• Receive Amex Offers notifications for eligible American Express Cards
• Refer American Express to friends and be rewarded*
Available on iPhone® and iPod touch®
Don’t like the Amex Mobile App? You can continue to use our mobile site at americanexpress.co.uk from any mobile device.
The Amex App is only for Personal Cards, Small Business Cards, and Corporate Cards issued directly from American Express in the UK.
*Amex Offers, Pay with Points, Push Notifications, Friends Referral and pending transactions are currently not available for American Express Corporate Cardmembers.
iPhone and iPod touch are registered trademarks of Apple Inc.
All access to and use of this App is subject to and governed by American Express’ End User License Agreement, Website Rules and Regulations and Privacy Statement.
Images are for illustration purposes only.
Now you can book travel online via the Rewards tab
Ratings and Reviews
Having given this app a poor review about a year ago, I can safely say it has come on leaps and bounds since then. The membership rewards page which is what really bugged me before has now been fixed and can be viewed from within the app. Overall user experience is great. Only 4 stars because you can not differentiate between cardmembers on the app. I have a few supp cards on my account but I cannot seem to differentiate on an overall bill within the app without downloading the pdf bill, which takes too long and is too clunky and time consuming to do on my phone. A quick fix like the website I thought would work quite well.
5 stars from me once that is fixed as this is my last gripe.
One of the best bank/credit card app bar none
For me, simplicity of use, functionality and reliability are what’s makes this app great. Everything is so intuitive and easy to use and all the modules e.g rewards are so well integrated now.
The ability to generate PDF statements is excellent and the summary financials is excellent and allows me to easily identify/reconcile the transactions since my last statement (not always clear on credit card statements!)
In terms of improvements, it would be great if you can go back further than 6 months of history (my Santander app allows this). It would be great if you also got a running balance/ alongside the transactions (again the Santander apps does this)
Please do not fall into the trap of 95% of developers who progressively make things more complicated and buggy with each new iteration!
Ps my experience is based on using many apps (CITIBANK, HSBC, Revolut, Santander)
Great, as usual for an American company! All is great with the exception of one area, customer should be able too program a future date for a payment, up too 6 months or so. This Benifits us, the consumer, as we would not have too worry about a payment going through if we were stuck in another country, or countries that don’t have WiFi available, or we were in an airplane or somewhere like that. I have had a Chase Visa for 15 years and I use that feature all, the time.
- American Express
- 156.4 MB
- Requires iOS 10.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2017 American Express Company. All rights reserved.
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.