Want to turn your device into the ultimate mobile guitar and bass tone studio? AmpliTube puts the power in your hands with a massive collection of virtual gear that you can use to practice, play and record with world-class tone anytime and everywhere.
Build your own guitar or bass rig with up to 6 stompbox FX, an amplifier and speaker cabinet w/mic.
Just plug your instrument into your iPad with one of IK's instrument interfaces like iRig 2 or iRig HD 2, and get ready to be blown away.
AmpliTube gives you 17 stompbox effects, 8 amplifiers, 10 speaker cabinets and 2 mics, a free Loop Drummer Rock groove pack and a 2-track recorder. You can expand this selection via a massive library of over 100 pieces of gear that includes amps and stompboxes from the world’s best brands like Fender™, Soldano®, Ampeg®, ENGL®, Orange®, T-Rex® and many more.
Thanks to AmpliTube's Cab Room, you will actually feel like you are in your own professional recording studio. Mic your cabinets in full 3D in a beautifully rendered virtual studio environment with 2 iconic guitar mics (expandable to 16 mic models available via in-app purchase).
Get creative with loops in AmpliTube via its Super Looper, which is available through in-app purchase. It makes it easy to record, play back, adjust levels and play along with up to 4 loops. Loops are easy to set and trigger, with external control for live use.
Need a drummer? Use the built-in Loop Drummer system to jam to killer drum tracks. Use AmpliTube’s streamlined built-in 8-track recorder and DAW-style studio (available via in-app purchase) to record, edit, tweak and share your songs via SoundCloud, file sharing or email.
Ready to get out of the studio? AmpliTube’s new Live Mode offers an optimized GUI designed specifically for live use. See your entire rig at a glance, with all the settings and controls you need displayed in an easy-to-read format designed for the stage.
And control your virtual rig just as easily as you would a traditional multiFX pedal with new iRig Stomp I/O integration, so you can change presets, trigger FX, loops and more all right from your feet. Or go wireless with iRig Blueboard, a wireless Bluetooth controller for basic control on the go.
Whether it’s at home, in the studio or on stage, AmpliTube is the dream rig you’ve always wanted, in a device that’s always with you!
• Lets you easily create guitar & bass rigs with up to 6 stomps, 1 amp and 1 cab with 2 mics
• Expandable - Over 100 gear models available
• Includes 17 stomps, 8 amp, 10 cabinet and 2 mics
• Cab Room allows 3D placement and miking of cabinets with 2 mics (available via in-app purchase)
• Add more gear via in-app purchase from Fender™, Soldano®, Ampeg®, ENGL®, Orange®, Jimi Hendrix™ collection, T-Rex® and more
• Live Mode shows you your entire rig at a glance, with all the parameters you need on stage easily accessible
• Included 2-track recorder (in-app purchase unlocks up to 8-tracks)
• Studio mode for intuitive DAW-style editing (unlocked via in-app purchase)
• Loop drummer module that plays in sync with the recorder
• Includes speed trainer, metronome and tuner
• Inter-App Audio and AudioBus support
• Project sharing between versions and devices
• Import and play songs as backing tracks from your Music Library or computer
• Export audio via E-mail, SoundCloud or File Sharing
• MIDI controllable and with built-in integration for iRig Stomp I/O, iRig Blueboard and other controllers
• Low-latency for real-time playing
-General reliability & security improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Incomplete as ever
You have to buy lots of add ins to get the presets to work. The time I have wasted selecting a preset only to find it does not work properly!!
Beware V2.2 crashes on start up - an update
An quick update to my previous review. I emailed the developers about V2.2 crashing on start up and got the following reply.
"Sorry to hear about your troubles.
Try this: Click on your Home button to go back to your main iPad Home page. Double-click on the Home button. This will show a small list of apps on the bottom of your screen. These are the apps that are open and running in the background, in multi-task mode. This may be taking up resources on your iPad that are preventing AmpliTube from opening properly.
To close these apps, hold down any app icon until the apps on this list start to "shake". You will see a RED minus sign over each app on this list. Click on the red minus sign until you close all of the apps running in the background.
Once you are done closing the apps, click on the Home button again, and try re-launching AmpliTube.
If this doesn't help, try turning the iPad off and restarting it. Do this by holding down the power/standby button until you see a red slider that says: "Slide to Power Off". Move the slider and wait until the iPad turns off completely. Wait 10-20 seconds, then turn the iPad back on. Try launching AmpliTube again to see if this helps."
Closing down all the apps running in the background and re opening AmpliTube worked for me and it's now back to it's 5 star best : )
Hope this helps others who are having the same issues.
Excellent but a few annoying features
I've tried a few other recording apps on the iPad and this is my favourite. The amps and effects are all good, but there are a couple of niggles. Creating a new project, for instance, will reset the preset that you've selected back to the default, which is an annoyance. When you've finished recording, the 'tape' keeps running, which is a also a pain. The biggest nuisance for me came with the recent update, however, with the drum loop feature. For some reason, whehn you're recording, it cannot be turned off. So if you're recording a song you have to turn the volume right the way down on the drum loop to stop it distracting you and ending up on your recording. Why it doesn't have an 'off' switch, I don't know. Surely nobody wants to use the drum loop setting every time they record something, even if that drum loop does sound very good.
Apart from those quibbles, it's very good, even if the price seems to have shot up!
- IK Multimedia US, LLC
- 561.5 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
- English, French, Italian, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- ©2002-2018 IK Multimedia Production Srl
- In-App Purchases
- Recorder + Master FX £14.99
- Complete Fender Bundle £14.99
- Compressor £3.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.