Anchor is the best way to make your podcast. It’s the only app that lets you create and host unlimited episodes and distribute your show everywhere. All in one place, all for free.
MAKE YOUR PODCAST
* Record your podcast from anywhere, or import existing audio
* Easily record remotely with cohosts and friends, no matter where they’re located
* Beautiful, visual episode builder makes it easy to arrange the audio in your episodes
* Trim or edit your recordings with mobile-friendly tools designed specifically for podcasting
* Add smart background tracks and transitions from our huge, built-in library of audio
* Collect voice messages from your listeners and add them to your episodes
GET IT HEARD
* Host unlimited episodes for free
* Distribute your podcast everywhere people are listening, including Apple Podcasts, with just one tap
GROW YOUR AUDIENCE
* Track performance with cross-platform analytics
* Share your podcast anywhere with beautiful embeds and videos
* Listen to shows on Anchor and discover amazing independent podcasts
* Fully compatible with split screen (try recording with the Notes app open if you need talking points!)
* Drag in audio from any compatible app on your iPad to add it to your episode builder or your Library
Minor bug fixes and improvements. More exciting stuff coming soon! :)
If you enjoy using Anchor, please leave us a nice review. It really helps!
Ratings and Reviews
App Developer is untruthful on Twitter as to the app being accessible with Voiceover
I am a blind podcaster and have been since 2004. I’d love to have been able to try this app but, so far, it has remained largely inaccessible with Voiceover. That is fine to a point I just don’t use the app and keep it on my phone just in case, per very small chance, the app developer does actually update it to work with the screen reader (native to IOS), in question. I have written, very politely to the app devs via Twitter asking if they would look at access to their app and did get one Tweet with a vague promise to include accessibility in their future builds. Imagine then my additional frustration when we saw Tweets saying that they had in fact made the app workk with voiceover... I went straight for the update and was looking forward to finally seeing what all the fuss around Anchor was and to finally be a part of it and quite possibly, pay for a premium tear of the platform. But no, unfortunately, no improvement with access at all. Again, that is fine, just don’t lie about what you have done when hyou have not fixed this.
I think the app is good, but improvements could be made. One thing I love about the new update is that they have gotten rid of the 5 minute malarkey. I hate time limits, so this made me happy. The one thing though that frustrates me is that the app no longer supports or works with voice over.
I was so excited by some of the new updates, I recommended the app to many of my visually impaired friends, who are looking for an audio based, social networking platform. Only to find that voice over isn’t supported on here.
This is a real shame as this means the VI community are missing out on a good app, & anchor are missing out on growing a community of people who benefit from social platforms like this. I really hope someone from the team sees this & takes this into consideration. And I hope to see voice over & other accessibility improvements in the next update. It would really be appreciated.
Love this app and the regular updates
I’ve been using Anchor for almost two months during which time there have been a few updates and each has made my life easier!
It’s easy to use, has some great functionality and makes podcasting a breeze. I’d love some more transitions and more chilled background music, but apart from that I think it does everting I need at the moment and I especially love that I only have to make any changes on Anchor for them to show up in all the other places my podcast is available.
Looking forward to seeing what they come up with next!
- Anchor FM Inc.
- 102.3 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Spanish, Swedish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Anchor FM Inc.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.