The Wear OS by Google app, previously Android Wear, syncs your smartwatch and phone so that you can get more out of your watch. Get help from your Google Assistant, see important messages, track health and fitness, and more, all from your wrist:
• GET HELP FROM YOUR GOOGLE ASSISTANT: Check the weather, start a run, set reminders and more just by asking
• TAKE YOUR HEALTH AND FITNESS FURTHER: Monitor your progress towards 2 activity goals that are proven to impact health
• ROCK OUT WHILE YOU WORK OUT: Control your favourite music straight from your wrist and stay motivated to the last mile
• STAY CONNECTED AT A GLANCE: Check important notifications, texts, emails and calls at a glance
• GET MORE DONE: See your next meeting, add items to your grocery list, set reminders, pay on the go and more
• EXPRESS YOURSELF: Wear OS by Google lets you be you with hundreds of styles – from fashion to fitness to fun, and thousands of watch faces that you can customise
Learn more http://google.com/WearOS
Supported features may vary across watches, phones and countries. The Google Assistant is not available in certain countries and languages.
• Choose your favourite watch face to match your personal style
• Improved onboarding to let you choose your preferred Wi-Fi network during setup
Ratings and Reviews
More stable but still lacks useful features
This latest version is much more stable than the last one and I have had none of the watch disconnections I had before that kept requiring a phone reset to fix. Syncing contacts with the watch is a useful new feature too. However there is still much to do to the integration between Google Wear and iOS. More standalone apps are needed, but better still would be iOS apps that work with their Google Wear counterparts. Come on Apple and Google, play nicely for once and you will have more happy customers.
Same theme as previous reviews and I’m also one of the ‘I never write reviews but’ people... My watch is useless because of this app. Absolutely will not connect. Had my Fossil watch since Christmas 2017. All was ok but updates on this app have resulted in the watch and phone failing to connect. Done multiple factory resets on the watch and deleted the app and then downloaded again. No joy. Occasionally it connects a start up but soon drops out and back to square one. Such a basic requirement! Forget any features. Had a Smart watch. This app makes it a Dumb watch
With this latest update there is still poor syncing/connection to my Fossil Q Explorist HR as the connection constantly drops out.
The app was not showing all of the notifications I get on my phone and is only showing a limited few.
I found this on a forum on how to enable all/most of your notifications on iOS:
I found that to enable notifications from an iOS app to the Wear OS watch you need to enable lock screen notifications on the iPhone for that particular app notification.
- Google LLC
- 163.3 MB
- Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, Chinese (Hong Kong), Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Hindi, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this application.
- Unrestricted Web Access
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2017 Google Inc.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.