By Moog Music Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Animoog, powered by the new Anisotropic Synth Engine (ASE), is Moog Music's first professional polyphonic synthesizer designed exclusively for the iPad. ASE allows you to move dynamically through an X/Y space of unique timbres to create a constantly evolving and expressive soundscape.
Animoog captures the vast sonic vocabulary of Moog synthesizers and applies it to the modern touch surface paradigm, enabling you to quickly sculpt incredibly fluid and dynamic sounds that live, breathe, and evolve as you play them.
Visually captivating and sonically immersive, Animoog brings iPad based music production to the next level. Whether you are new to synthesis or a professional, Animoog’s unique user interface gives you the power to easily create a visually vibrant and sonically rich universe. It is the ultimate tool for total creative expression!
Animoog’s diverse library of timbres is derived from analog waveforms captured from classic Moog oscillators, both vintage and modern, and run through a boutique’s worth of high-end outboard and analog signal processors. These include modular synth panels, Moogerfooger pedals and more.
Animoog is the newest innovation in creative tools from Moog Music, the legendary electronic musical instrument company founded by Bob Moog in Asheville, NC.
** NOTE: IF NO SOUND from iPad speaker but headphone is working, this is an iPad settings issue. Go to the Settings app, General tab, set "Use Side Switch to: Mute" then turn switch on side of iPad on (Mute) and off again (Unmute). Then set "Use Side Switch to: Lock Rotation" to prevent problem in future. **
• Anisotropic Synth Engine (ASE) - An exciting new Moog technology that allows the user to move dynamically through an X/Y space of unique timbres to create an expressive and constantly evolving soundscape.
• Timbre page – Assemble unique sounds in the X/Y space from timbres of a wide variety of vintage and modern Moog synthesizers and pedals. Note: this is NOT simple sample playback.
• Polyphonic Modulation - Simply slide your fingers to control multiple modulation parameters in Animoog right from the keys.
• Polyphonic Pitch Shifting - Easily manipulate the exact pitch of each note in a chord by rotating or sliding your fingers.
• Delay Module - A classic analog style ping pong delay.
• Thick Module - From bit crushing to unison voice detuning and drive, this module adds depth, edge and character to Animoog’s already massive sound palette.
• Moog Filter - The classic four-pole Moog ladder filter with High Pass, Low Pass and Band Pass modes.
• Record Module - Record your performance and overdub new layers, or play along live. Transfer recordings between Animoog and any other apps which support the general pasteboard.
• Path Module - Direct ASE through Animoog’s X/Y space to create new expressive and shifting sounds that will blow your mind!
• Orbit Module - Control the rate of orbit in the X/Y space around the path you created for subtle to insane voice manipulation.
• Flexible Modulation Matrix - Amp, Filter and Mod Envelopes, LFO with infinitely variable wave shapes and sync, and four super flexible and assignable modulation slots.
• MIDI in - Use your Little Phatty or any other MIDI controller to control Animoog.
What's New in Version 2.2.3
- General MIDI Out fixes
- IAA Midi and CoreMidi now simultaneously trigger events
- Audiobus support improvements
Ꮇoog-a-Ꭰelic - Ꮇ u s Ꭵ c - Ꮇagic ♪♪♭♪♪♪
エ pretty much have them A L L when it comes to ' m u s i c - r e l a t e d - a p p s ' ...well, the ones worth having anyway... エ particularly have a rather LARGE collection of Synths... so many that エ cannot, infact, fit them on my iPad all at one time, even if エ deleted every other type of App except for Synths... and エ own the largest Gb iPad... 'so', when it comes to Synth Apps エ tend to switch fairly often, but there is only a few that NEVER get removed as エ consider them "keepers", ie; my favourite ones, this Synth is one of those. It's a truly awesome Synth... just like the real Moogs... so, bottom line, it's five, glorious stars and gets my 'recommended-seal-of-approval'... and, if like me, you Ꮮ♡ᏙᎬ music Apps, Synths or just Moogs in general then get this App, you will NOT be disappointed.
Grab the audio!
I never thought I'd change my "go to" synth from THOR, and it is still my "normal synth" for normal composition. Animoog however gives me a leaky ink pen of sound to sculpt. It's a bit of a learning curve but well worth it if you are into creating your own weird fx. Staggering.
Thank you Moog.
Animoog is great. It stood the test of time, about two years and 30 synth apps later and this thing stills amazes. It's also the most expressive one. I'd like it if it got IAA but even without it it's worth more than a 5 star rating.
- Category: Music
- Updated: 29 October 2014
- Version: 2.2.3
- Size: 23.3 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Moog Music Inc.
- © 2011 Moog Music Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases
- Devine Expansion Pack£3.99
- Acoustic Expansion Pack£2.99
- MIDI Expansion Pack£3.99
- Metallic Expansion Pack£2.99
- The Grateful Dead Expansion Pack£3.99
- Monster Moog Expansion Pack£3.99
- Vintage Synth Expansion Pack£2.99
- Minimoog Model D Expansion Pack£4.99
- 4 Track Expansion Pack£3.99
- Vintage FX Expansion Pack£2.99