By Penguin Books
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Explore the world’s most famous diary in this richly immersive experience for iPad.
• 21 video clips from Academy Award winning documentary-maker Jon Blair
• Over 40 audio clips, including commentary from Miep Gies, one of the helpers who risked her life to aid Anne and her family in hiding
• The full definitive text alongside exclusive audio extracts read by Helena Bonham Carter
• Context-sensitive notes, historic documents and hand-drawn maps
• Specially commissioned introduction by Buddy Elias, Anne’s first cousin and only living relative
• Dual timelines featuring family images from Anne’s life before the war and historic wartime images from international archives alongside expert commentary on key events
• Translated facsimile pages from the original diary
• Expertly curated themes and ‘Story Trails’ for a deeper, more in-depth reading experience
• Exclusive access to the archive of the Anne Frank Fonds, founded by Anne’s father Otto Frank, including previously unreleased material
'The Diary of a Young Girl' by Anne Frank for iPad is the remarkable edition of ‘one of the greatest books of the century’.
In the summer of 1942, fleeing the horrors of the Nazi occupation, Anne Frank and her family were forced into hiding in the back of an Amsterdam warehouse. Aged thirteen when she went into the Secret Annexe, Anne kept a diary in which she confided her innermost thoughts and feelings. An intimate record of adolescence and heartbreak, courage and inspiration, 'The Diary of a Young Girl' by Anne Frank for iPad offers stunning new ways to explore Anne’s world, what it looked, sounded and felt like living in hiding and what, in turn, was happening outside the Annexe walls.
Anne Frank died in prison in Bergen-Belsen, three months short of her sixteenth birthday and just a few weeks before the prison was liberated. 'The Diary of a Young Girl' by Anne Frank for iPad is the definitive digital edition, authorised by the Anne Frank Fonds founded by Otto Frank.
'The Diary of a Young Girl' by Anne Frank for iPad is published by Penguin Books UK and Beyond the Story.
If you experience any technical issues with this app please get in touch. We are happy to help. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
What's New in Version 1.1
Now available for first generation iPad
I have really enjoyed this ap. The photos and background information that goes with the diary really brings it to life.
- Category: Education
- Updated: 11 December 2013
- Version: 1.1
- Size: 1.64 GB
- Language: English
- Developer: Penguin Books
- © 2013 Penguin Books Ltd., 2013 Beyond the Story Ltd., Anne Frank Fonds, Basel
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.