Helen Zaltzman and Olly Mann’s award-winning comedy show Answer Me This! is now an app. Got a question? Send it through the app! Get the
latest episodes, listen through the app, and join the international community of ‘Questioneers’ who make this irreverent independent show one of the most popular weekly shows in Britain. Critic’s Choice in The Times, Time Out, The Guardian, Q Magazine, Radio Times, and The Independent.
The App contains the following features:
* Streaming access to play episode from anywhere
* Always updated with the latest episodes- and an archived back catalogue
* Download the episodes and play them when offline
* Playback resume (when interrupted by a call or other distraction)
* Favourites (mark the episodes you want to return back to over and over)
* Quick access to all the contact methods for the show
(Please note, not all features are available for all episodes.)
Minor bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
Great podcast, rather poor app
After buying this app, I find myself listening to the Answer Me This podcast much less frequently than when I used to subscribe via iTunes (in fact, I've just given up using the app and returned to the old ways).
It's not very well built, it only streams the podcast without downloading it (and often struggles to connect when you're out and about in good 3G covered areas), it doesn't allow for playback while using other apps (unless it opens the stream in Safari, which is poor design by my standards) and the extras aren't really substantial enough to make up for less pleasant usability. Finally, it seems to be a bit buggy when used in conjunction with bluetooth headphones.
Nevertheless, I'd recommend it just so that Helen and Olly's great work over the last few years gets at least some financial reward!
Answer Me This - Podcast App
Olly Mann, Helen Zaltzman and Martin "the Soundman" answering questions in this established comedy legend of a podcast. Considering I've never paid for any episodes, it's a fair charge to keep these weblebrities in the lifestyle to which they are accustomed.
The bonus content is a great idea. Other suggestions for development in the future are a wiki style link to previously answered questions and a section for videos.
Have you guys ever considered ustream or are there too many takes and cuts for the final edit?
Does the Job
Great podcast, the trio have a brilliant dynamic. The app is ok, i often forget about the extra features but they are there to use if and when needed. Not experienced any issues some other reviews have mentioned - that's across iPod touch, iPhone 4, iPhone 5 and first gen iPad and all iOS from v5.
If you are concerned about app just get the podcast through iTunes... but if you enjoy it regularly, perhaps think about a donation through their site.
- Wizzard Software
- 23.1 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Frequent/Intense Profanity or Crude Humour
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- © 2010 Wizzard Media
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.