Antidote Mobile - Dictionnaires & Guides
By Druide informatique
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
*** NOTE: Antidote Mobile 2 for iOS 7 will soon be offered at a special price for a limited time. If you're on iOS 7, we recommend that you wait for the new edition. Check your Info-Druide (http://www.druide.com/infolettre) ! ***
THE FINEST FRENCH REFERENCE TOOL ON iPHONE — Antidote Mobile brings together ten dictionaries and ten language guides of the highest quality for your iPhone.
Enjoy rich definitions, abundant synonyms, complete conjugation tables and much more, with beautiful layout and a clever interface. For instance, the definition of each word includes an etymology, and a sidebar indicates its flexion, its relative frequency, notes on its usage (anglicism, impropriety, homonyms...) and links to related guide articles. Touch any word in any dictionary to see its complete definition, perhaps to verify the meaning of a synonym or to understand an analogy. Touch the Wikipedia link and access detailed encyclopedic articles, without ever leaving Antidote.
From spelling to style through grammar and punctuation, Antidote's guides cover all aspects of writing in French. Over 650 articles are organized in a clear tree structure. Finger-browse through a comprehensive index to find a given article.
Antidote Mobile installs completely on your iPhone or iPod touch and doesn't need an Internet connection (except when following a Wikipedia link). From anywhere and in a few seconds, find the answers to all your questions. Add Antidote Mobile to your iPhone and you will have the French language "dans la poche"!
NOTE: Antidote Mobile is designed for iPhone, but displays its content fullscreen on the iPad. For an interface and content entirely redesigned for iPad, please see the Antidote Ardoise edition.
TEN DICTIONARIES AND AN ENCYCLOPEDIA †
• Definitions (123 000 entries including 13 000 proper nouns)
• Expressions (46 000)
• Synonyms (1 000 000)
• Antonyms (100 000)
• Cooccurrences (850 000, with examples)
• Conjugation (9000 verbs)
• Analogies (900 000)
• Families (15 000 families including 77 000 words)
• Quotations (250 000)
• Anagrams (with partials and blanks)
• Integrated access to Wikipedia online encyclopedia †
TEN LANGUAGE GUIDES
• Business writing
• Spelling reform
• Language points
HIGH QUALITY CONTENT AND INTERFACE
• 94 000 etymologies with time scale
• Difficulties: homonyms, paronyms, anglicisms, etc.
• Search as you type, to find words quickly
• Fault-tolerant search (e.g.: erruers)
• Flexion-aware search (e.g.: forclos)
• Search with jokers (e.g.: lum*, c?re?)
• Multiword search (e.g.: table ronde, perdre pied)
• Touch any word to look it up
• Shake and learn new words
• Review your lookup history
• Record and consult your favourite words and articles
• Slide-away toolbar leaves more space for content
• Swipe pages with your fingers
• Use vertical or horizontal display
• Sync your favourites with iCloud †
(Note 1: Antidote Mobile is intended for native or intermediate French speakers rather than beginners; its interface is all in French.)
(Note 2: the grammar checker of Antidote's desktop edition is not part of Antidote Mobile.)
(† Internet access required only for access to Wikipedia and iCloud.)
What's New in Version 1.5.5
• Improvement in display of Wikipedia content
• Display adjustments for iOS 7
• Announcement of Antidote Mobile 2
- Category: Reference
- Updated: 13 February 2014
- Version: 1.5.5
- Size: 167 MB
- Language: French
- Developer: Druide informatique inc.
- © 2011 Druide informatique inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.