Founded in 1925, Apollo is one of the world’s oldest and most highly respected magazines on the visual arts.
Published monthly (but with a summer double issue for July-August), it offers the greatest editorial diversity of any art magazine – covering everything from antiquities to contemporary work. Recent editions have included exclusive new photographic portraits of Grayson Perry by Derry Moore and reviews of the new Greek & Roman Galleries at the Metropolitan Museum of Art in a special collaborative edition with the museum.
International in scope, every edition of Apollo contains up-to-the-minute news from the art world with expert information on the market, authoritative guidance on collecting, and reviews and previews of exhibitions worldwide. Apollo is also the place to find searching interviews with major collectors and important personalities from the arts: recent highlights include Lord Rothschild on his major additions to the collection at Waddesdon Manor and the artist Richard Long talking about the inspiration for his projects.
Consistently regarded as the most prestigious and authoritative of all art magazines, Apollo is the media partner of choice for an impressive list of museums and institutions. Recent collaborative editions have included special issues in partnership with The J. Paul Getty Museum and The Yale Center for British Art.
The iPad/iPhone edition brings you selected pages from the latest issue as soon as it is published. Within the application you can upgrade to full access, which brings you every page of the issue and a searchable archive of back issues to July/August 2010. Issues are not sold individually - for the duration of your subscription you have access to every issue in this archive.
During your subscription you can sync back issues to your device. These will remain in place if your subscription expires, unless your device removes them (for example when running low on disk space). Re-downloading issues requires a current subscription.
• Swipe or tap the page edges to flip to next/previous page.
• Use the animated thumbnail view to flick through the pages.
• Pinch or double-tap pages to zoom.
• Switch between single or double-page view.
• Search the current issue or the archive.
• Tap any page links to web sites, email addresses, phone numbers or maps.
• Tap contents-page links to jump to a particular article.
• Sync the latest issue to your device for offline reading (requires wi-fi).
• Sync additional back-issues by tapping the stars beside their names (requires wi-fi).
• Network connection required otherwise.
We recommend first running the app within a wi-fi area so it can sync the latest issue to your device - after that you can use it anywhere. Subscribers will receive new issues automatically via Newsstand.
In addition, please note the following standard features of auto-renewable iTunes subscriptions:
• Your payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
• Subscriptions will renew automatically unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period.
• Your account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period. The price will depend on whether you have selected an annual or monthly subscription.
• You can manage your subscriptions and turn off auto-renewal by going to your Account Settings in iTunes after purchase.
• No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period.
and our terms of service here:
• Added support for iOS 12 Password AutoFill, so if you have an Exact Editions account you can log in with a couple of taps.
• Added a Siri Shortcut which allows you to go directly to the latest issues.
• Added keyboard shortcuts for easy navigation within an issue.
• Bug fixes and performance improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Works well on iPad
Works well for me as a subscriber, reading and navigating the issues with ease on my iPad.
Even The Ads Are Cool
The free app gives a preview of the current issue and allows you to scroll the first couple of pages: cover, editorial, contents pages. Contents pages have clickable links to current events in Arts world e.g. Exhibitions, Auctions etc. If you click to read an article you get prompted to subscribe: £40 is a bit steep for me but tempting. Would make a great gift for an art-lover. There are adverts but from major galleries so adverts display paintings, fine furniture, suits of armour etc - I love lingering over the ads! Note to self: find some way to screen capture so you can keep the images. Anyway, the app may be limited but its free content is still worthwhile having as source of sophisticated eye candy images and links to other free content on the web.
Not really suited for iPhone and poor functionality
This is a cumbersome app. It is illegible on an iPhone owing to the type size and formatting. Perhaps it is fine legibility-wise for iPad. However, even on a desktop it is slow to load and there is no obvious way to print a multi-page article (more than two pages) in one go using the 'printable pdf' click. If there is, it's well hidden. It clearly uses a magazine software template that really is really not up to the job.
- Exact Editions Ltd
- 11.6 MB
- Magazines & Newspapers
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, French, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Copyright 2018 Exact Editions Ltd
- In-App Purchases
- Apollo £4.99
- Apollo £39.99
- 30-day access £7.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.