Experience a fast, smart and personal Web. Firefox is the independent, people-first browser made by Mozilla, voted the Most Trusted Internet Company for Privacy. Upgrade today and join hundreds of millions who depend on Firefox for a more personal browsing experience.
FAST. SMART. YOURS.
Firefox is made with you in mind and gives you the power to take back control of your Web experience.
That’s why we design the product with smart features that take the guesswork out of browsing.
SEARCH INTELLIGENTLY & GET THERE FASTER
- Firefox anticipates your needs and intuitively provides multiple suggested and previously searched results across your favorite search engines. Every time.
- Easily access shortcuts to search providers including Wikipedia, Twitter and Amazon.
- Your personal information belongs to you. In Private Browsing mode, Firefox won’t remember any of your history or cookies, but new bookmarks will be saved.
- Delete your browsing history, passwords and more in a single tap.
- Choose the private data you want to remove.
SYNC FIREFOX ACROSS YOUR DEVICES
- With a Firefox Account, access your history, bookmarks and open tabs from your desktop on your smartphone and tablet.
- Firefox also safely remembers your passwords across devices so you don’t have to.
INTUITIVE VISUAL TABS
- Intuitive visual and numbered tabs easily let you find content for future reference.
- Open as many tabs as you like without losing track of your open Web pages.
EASY ACCESS TO YOUR TOP SITES
- Spend your time reading your favorites sites instead of looking for them.
Learn more about Firefox for iOS:
- Have questions or need help? Visit https://support.mozilla.org/mobile
- Read about Firefox permissions: http://mzl.la/Permissions
- Learn more about what’s up at Mozilla: https://blog.mozilla.org
- Like Firefox on Facebook: http://mzl.la/FXFacebook
- Follow Firefox on Twitter: http://mzl.la/FXTwitter
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe open and free is better than closed and controlled. We build products like Firefox to promote choice and transparency and give people more control over their lives online. Learn more at https://www.mozilla.org
Our latest release includes features that can help you access and organize the online content you’re interested in.
• Remain in Private Browsing mode at all times
• Improved menu
• New Tab settings
• Drag to reorder tabs
Ratings and Reviews
Good Safari alternative. Some issues.
Possibly the best alternative to Safari on iOS. Not without it's faults though. I've never liked Top Sites, preferring to store my own sites. Although you can pin sites here, you cannot rearrange the order which is annoying. Once you navigate away from Top Sites, Bookmarks etc. there's no simple way to access these unless you open a new tab. A button on the menu bar would solve this. A weird feature(?), when on a site, if you click on the menu bar and highlight the web address, for some reason the page goes to Top Sites. The only way to go back to the site you were on is to reload it. This needs changing as it’s very annoying. Firefox needs a few more privacy settings like blocking 3rd party cookies and a ‘do not track’ option.
Good things, the tracker blocker is useful and also seems to block ads (no way to know just how effective it is though). You can delete browsing data before you quit which is good (although you need to navigate through a few to many menus) but it’s better than the Safari option that needs you to open Settings to access this. Overall a pretty decent browser although there is room for improvement.
Nice to be able to use this again!
I used to use Firefox all the time on desktop but now find it painful to use. By contrast the iPad version is surprisingly good, I've tried Opera Coast, Dolphin, Chrome and a couple of others I forget the name of, but I'm sticking with this now. I still use Safari because of its integral workflow, but when I initialise my own browsing session this is what I have been using for about six months now and I'm sticking with it. The only gripe is that I would like to be able to rearrange my bookmarks in some sort of order other than the order I saved them in. A basic filing system for bookmarks wouldn't go amiss either. Small gripes though for an otherwise very handy browser.
Unfortunately crippled by iOS
I use Firefox across all my platforms, and therefore it’s useful to be able to synchronise bookmarks etc. through their account sync. So I installed it on my iPad, assuming I could use it as normal. For the most part, this is true. However for some sites (mostly secure ones, such as online banking), the Firefox app is constantly identified as either ‘out of date’ or ‘unsupported’. I understand that this is because, owing to Apple’s restrictions, the Firefox app does not actually identify itself as Firefox to websites, thereby meaning it cannot be used on certain sites. It’s stupid and controlling of Apple not to allow genuine browser competition. Remember when windows was forced not to install internet explorer as the default browser without offering valid alternatives? Surely this is a similar form of anti competition...
- Mozilla Corporation
- 70.3 MB
- Requires iOS 11.4 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, Afrikaans, Albanian, Angika, Arabic, Aragonese, Armenian, Asturian, Azerbaijani, Basque, Bengali, Bosnian, Breton, Bulgarian, Burmese, Cambodian, Catalan, Corsican, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Esperanto, Filipino, French, Gaelic, Galician, Georgian, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Interlingua, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Javanese, Kabyle, Kannada, Kazakh, Korean, Koyraboro Senni Songhai, Laotian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Lower Sorbian, Malay, Malayalam, Marathi, Nepali, Norwegian Bokmål, Norwegian Nynorsk, Occitan, Oriya, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Punjabi, Rhaeto-Romance, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Singhalese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Sudanese, Swedish, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Upper Sorbian, Urdu, Uzbek, Welsh
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this application.
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © Mozilla and its contributors 2018
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.