Apple TV Remote
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Apple TV Remote is a great companion to Apple TV, delivering the best of the Siri Remote. With Apple TV Remote, you’ll never need to put down your iPhone or iPad to enjoy Apple TV. Control Apple TV with a swipe of your finger or use the keyboard to quickly enter text. And you can use the app along with the Siri Remote.
• Navigate Apple TV with touch gestures
• Quickly enter text, email addresses and passwords using the keyboard
• Ask Siri to find something great to watch, listen to or play
• Control the film, TV programme or song that’s currently playing
• View song lyrics, change music tracks, and select film chapters
• Play games using the accelerometer and gyroscope
• Turn on Game Mode for simplified gaming controls
• Use volume buttons on your iOS device to control volume
• iOS devices using iOS 9.3.2 or later
• Wi-Fi connection to Apple TV
• Apple TV (4th generation), using tvOS 9.2.1 or later
• Apple TV (3rd generation), using Apple TV Software 7.2.1
• Apple TV (2nd generation), using Apple TV Software 6.2.1
• Certain Now Playing features, including lyrics, playlists, and chapter, audio and captions selection for films and TV programmes, require iOS 10.3 or later and tvOS 10.2 or later
• Volume control requires an AV receiver with CEC support
Siri requires Apple TV (4th generation) and availability varies by country and language.
What's New in Version 1.2.1
This update includes bug fixes.
Doesn’t do the same things as the Apple TV remote!!
A huge annoyance is that when I click my physical Apple TV remote it turns on my Apple TV, the screen and the sound bar however for no apparent reason when I touch the screen in the app to turn on the Apple TV it doesn’t turn on the screen or the sound bar!!! Why!? If one can do it surely the app should be able to!!! What’s the difference between a click and a tap!? The app furthermore is nothing overly different from the remote you get with the Apple TV, in fact with my previous point you get less! Which makes it a fairly pointless app unless you have lost your Apple TV remote! Sort out the existing problems Apple then add new features!! Then it might be worth a download!!
Much easier than the physical remote
Passwords are a breeze. I also like how the remote app creates a notification when the AppleTV needs input.
I love how easy it is to navigate without looking at your phone. Very clever.
I’ve lost the Apple remote and the app is ready slow, buggy, loses connection and I can’t change the volume!
I guess they want you to pay £85 for a new physical remote
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: 23 October 2017
- Version: 1.2.1
- Size: 12.8 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Developer: Apple Distribution International
- © 2016-2017 Apple Inc. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.3.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.