Apple TV Remote is a great companion to Apple TV, delivering the best of the Siri Remote. With Apple TV Remote, you’ll never need to put down your iPhone or iPad to enjoy Apple TV. Control Apple TV with a swipe of your finger or use the keyboard to quickly enter text. And you can use the app along with the Siri Remote.
• Navigate Apple TV with touch gestures
• Quickly enter text, email addresses and passwords using the keyboard
• Ask Siri to find something great to watch, listen to or play
• Control the film, TV programme or song that’s currently playing
• View song lyrics, change music tracks, and select film chapters
• Play games using the accelerometer and gyroscope
• Turn on Game Mode for simplified gaming controls
• Use volume buttons on your iOS device to control volume
• iOS devices using iOS 9.3.2 or later
• Wi-Fi connection to Apple TV
• Apple TV (4th generation), using tvOS 9.2.1 or later
• Apple TV (3rd generation), using Apple TV Software 7.2.1
• Apple TV (2nd generation), using Apple TV Software 6.2.1
• Certain Now Playing features, including lyrics, playlists, and chapter, audio and captions selection for films and TV programmes, require iOS 10.3 or later and tvOS 10.2 or later
• Volume control requires an AV receiver with CEC support
Siri requires Apple TV (4th generation) and availability varies by country and language.
This update includes general performance and stability improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
The hole app is great if like you lost the real remote or something but the thing is is that on the control centre if you've added the apple tv remote thing to the control it just doesn't is just dose not and it should not be this bad knowing that it's an iPhone 7 using the control centre apple tv thing! If you could fix that issue in the apple tv thing in the control centre i'd be happy.
Started off Great but went downhill afterwards
What use to be a great app is now useless. I feel like Apple does this purposely to get people spend money on a remote instead of the app. I now have to restart the whole thing to get the app to connect to my phone. Call me a conspiracy theorist but this only started happening when I updated the app. Slowly and steadily Apple is chasing me away from their products.
This app has working again for me on iPhone and iPad. I assume that an update to the Apple TV has corrected the connection problem reported by several people.
- Apple Distribution International
- 14.1 MB
- Requires iOS 9.3.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2016-2018 Apple Inc. All rights reserved.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.