Turn your car into a connected car with a compatible Pioneer multimedia receiver, a compatible iPhone, and this AppRadio app. With your iPhone connected, you'll be able to listen, view and control compatible iPhone applications optimized for in-car use directly from the large Pioneer touchscreen interface installed in your dashboard.
To learn how to connect, look for either of below feature names.
• AppRadio Mode USB or AppRadio Mode +
Connects through USB
- 2015 and '16 Multimedia Tuners : AVH-X17*0DVD/X27*0BT/X3700DAB/X47*0DVD/X5700DAB/X57*0BT/XL5750BT/X67*0DVD/X77*0BT, AVH-X18*0DVD/X28*0BT/X3800DAB/X48*0DVD/XL4850DVD/X5800DAB/X58*0BT/XL5850BT/X68*0DVD/AVH-X7800BT, AVH-X39*BT/X595BT/X490DAB
- 2017 Multimedia Tuners : SPH-DA230DAB, AVH-Z10*0DVD/Z20*0BT/Z3000DAB/Z50*0BT/Z5000DAB/Z7050BT/Z7000DAB
• AppRadio Mode
Connects through Apple Digital AV adapter or Apple Lightning to VGA adapter. Check your product manual to learn more.
- 2013 and '14 Multimedia Tuners plus 2015/'16 AVH-X8###
AVH-X1500DVD*¹/AVH-X1600DVD*¹, AVH-X2500BT/X2600BT, AVH-X3500DAB/X3600DAB, AVH-X5500BT/X5600BT, AVH-X7500BT, AVH-8400BT/X8500BT/X8600BT/X8700BT/X8800BT
- AppRadio SPH-DA01*¹/DA02*¹, SPH-DA100, SPH-DA110, SPH-DA210, SPH-DA120
- Navigation Receivers since 2012:
AVIC-F8430BT, AVIC-F840BT/F850BT, AVIC-F940BT/F950BT/F950DAB/F960BT/F960DAB/F970BT/F970DAB/F980BT/F980DAB, AVIC-F40BT/F50BT/F60DAB/F70DAB/F77DAB/F80DAB/F88DAB
Check if your older 2009, 2010 or 2011 AVIC model*¹ can be upgraded to support AppRadio Mode on our website www.pioneer-car.eu.
Unless indicated by *¹, products support the feature for both Apple devices with Lightning or 30pin connector.
Information regarding compatible apps: http://www.pioneer-car.eu/eur/sites/minisites/eur/page/products/appradio-mode/apps.html?
*¹ Only iPhone with 30pin connector supported: iPhone 4, 4s, iPod Touch 4th gen
iPod Touch requires internet connectivity
iPad not supported
• Launcher App bug fixes
Compatible Apps are updating to optimise AppRadio Mode on iOS 11
Ratings and Reviews
Read the instructions and it works
Ok, there is many negative reviews of this app. Most regarding problems connecting.
It works.... if you know what you are doing.
You need the correct cables and connection interface for your phone. Simple. Then it will work.
I'm using iPhone 7, Apple HDMI adapter, Pioneer SPA DA 120. Works a treat, connects every time.
I am now free of CarPlay, thank god.
Using Navmii as a SATNAV (speed cameras, speed limits, offline maps - basically everything CarPlay maps can't do), Dashcommand to monitor my car and view various gauges, got internet radio/weather and various other things via appradiolive (this apps companion app), high quality music from my phones music library with Carmediaplayer app.
Thank you Pioneer
Unfortunately this app is getting worse after being a fairly decent app over the years. Not been able to use it for months now due to the lack of ability to connect to the latest iOS software. Pioneer have always been slow to update the app due to issues but it’s definitely getting worse!!!
Turn off Bluetooth
If this helps. Wasn't able to display Waze on the screen until I disconnected Bluetooth. Then they started working together. At least for now. It's a pretty basic product though but better than nothing.
- Pioneer Corporation
- 12.1 MB
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, Arabic, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Copyright(c) 2011-2017 Pioneer Corporation. All rights reserved.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.