Integration between iOS devices and Arduino has never been so easy. No registration, no cloud. Everything under your control. Communication encryption supported for some devices.
Also ready for Zero, MKR1000, Yun, Intel Galileo, RFduino (www.rfduino.com) and Teensy.
Arduino Manager is an app to control the Arduino board and receive information from it through:
- Ethernet Shield (arduino.cc)
- WiFi Shield (arduino.cc)
* WINC1500 WiFi
* CC3000 WiFi
* nRF8001 Bluefruit LE
* LE SPI Friend
* nRF52 LE
- RedBearLab BLE Shield
The app shows a grid and tapping on it you can insert specialized widgets to send and receive information from Arduino. For a better visualization or control, each widget can be zoomed by the means of a double tap on it;
tap on Configure for configuring the widget itself.
Some widgets are:
- Display Widget: shows values coming from your Arduino (i.e. Temperature). It can show numbers with 0,1,2,3 decimal digits or rolling text
- LED Widget: shows a LED that can be turned on and off through digital values from Arduino
- Switch Widget: sets a digital value to Arduino
- Switch & LED Widget: a combination of the two previous widgets to save space when they are used together with the same variable
- Push Button Widget: temporarily sets a digital value to Arduino
- Knob Widget: sets a non-digital value to Arduino
- SD Widget: shows the list of files in the root of SD Card and selecting a file it shows the content
- Graph Widget: graphs values in (almost) real time coming from your Arduino (e.g. instantaneous temperature)
- Logged Data Graph Widget: graphs up to 5 values logged onto the SD Card attached to Arduino. Libraries have helping functions to log data onto the SD Card
- Alarm Widget: configures an alarm on the Arduino board which is then fired at the desired time. The alarm is fired even if the iOS device is not connected and retained across power off - power on cycles
- Command Widget: allows to send a command (text message) to Arduino once the yellow button is tapped. You can add more Command Widgets to send different commands
- Rover Controller Widget: allows driving a rover robot just rotating the device
- Sound Alarm Widget: sounds an alarm each time the associated condition is verified
- Threshold Widget: allows setting a threshold to the Arduino board (e.g. the room temperature under which the board has to start an heater)
- Console Widget: helps the user to debug the Arduino code, receiving and displaying debugging messages
- Amazing Twitter Widget to send PM for events notification
Other widgets are available, please see support site.
Each widget is associated with a variable (i.e. T), which is either written or read by the sketch running on the board allowing the iOS app receiving information from Arduino or controlling it.
The app can be easily connected to more boards (one at a time), to switch from one board to another tap on the Configuration Widget. User can easily manage different lists of widgets and switch among them in order to control different projects. Any widget list can be shared between own devices via iCloud and/or other users via an email message.
Many Arduino libraries are available to easily integrate your own projects with Arduino Manager. Libraries, related documentation, demo sketches and a video tutorial are available for free at my site.
Available In-App purchases:
- Code Generator: allows to generate the communication infrastructure between the Arduino board and iOS device and the code for each chosen widget in order to simplify the programming effort on Arduino board.
- PIN Code Generator: allows the user to associate a pin to each Widget and generate the code to manage that pin. In most cases this avoid writing any code
- Voice Commands: You can now control most of the AM features by mean of voice commands (in English only). It also unlocks Voice Commands Widget
Continuous use of background location can decrease battery life.
Larger documentation panel for iPad
Documentation can now be zoomed for a better reading
Code Generator updated to support TextField Widget
Code generation fixes and improvements
Ratings and Reviews
There is no way to get the required libraries for arduino and the email address on their website is not correct applying for a refund now
I like this, I have a little project I wish to use this with but so far have only created a few test scripts just to check it works before getting in to deep into coding.
It worked with no problems. :)
One thing I will say is that if this app was cheaper I would have purchased it just for fun, I have known about this app for a long time but did not purchase because of the price. It wasn't till had a need for it I purchased it, so nearly never purchased this because of the price but do think it's worth the money, you can see a lot of time has been spent on developing this and documenting it too.
- Fabrizio Boco
- 69.8 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. Apple TV.
- English, Italian
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Fabrizio Boco
- In-App Purchases
- Code Generator £6.99
- PINS Code Generator £6.99
- Introduction Free
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.