Argus - Pedometer and GPS Activity tracker
By Azumio Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Argus is an all-in-one health and fitness app that helps you quantify and conquer your lifestyle goals.
Featuring video guided workouts, Instant Heart Rate monitor, Sleep Time smart alarm clock, 24/7 Pedometer, GPS activity tracking and social community, Argus gives you all the data, coaching and camaraderie you need to do more and live healthier.
Featured in USA Today, CNN, TechCrunch, Gizmodo, Apple commercials and many others, Argus is designed to harness every aspect of mobile computing to monitor your lifestyle without compromising your privacy. Argus is engineered for minimal power consumption and run 24/7 in the background. However continued use of GPS running in the background can significantly decrease battery life.
- Daily Steps and active Calorie counter
- GPS mapping of Running, Cycling and Driving
- Creates Food diary of all your meals with food photo snapping
- Set daily goals for Steps, Sleep time and Hydration
- See chart and trends of how your lifestyle improves over time
- Uses video guided workouts to keep you in shape
- Uses built-in Sleep Time to monitor your sleep cycles
- Uses built-in Instant Heart Rate to monitor your heart beats
- Built in support of third party wearable devices and health apps
- Motion coprocessor support to save battery time
- Apple Watch and Health App integration
With an intuitive, eye-catching interface, Argus allows you to get a snapshot of your daily activity. Timeline is organized in a honeycomb structure that allow easy aggregation of your data and detailed views. You can tap once on a cell to get more information. You can tap and hold for 2 seconds to get the aggregated views of your inputs
Enjoy Argus - your ultimate health and fitness companion.
What's New in Version 5.02
new in 5.02: bug fixes
MAJOR UPDATE Version 5.0:
- Customizable video guided workouts
- Built-in Instant Heart Rate monitor
- Built-in Sleep Time smart alarm clock
- Simpler and improved navigation
- Original health and fitness content
- Improved personal insights
- Now iOS 9 compatible
Latest update not an improvement
I've used this app for a long time, and even been in touch with the developers (they contacted me). I particularly like the auto-run detection, which is better than any other app I've used. I've occasionally had a few niggles such as why I have to manually sync my fitbit, and scroll past all the devices I don't have and aren't connected to do so.
I'm not keen on the latest UI changes, I understand the wish to have ads on a free app, but they are too obtrusive and diminish the usefulness.
However the biggest issue with the latest update for me is battery drain (47% compared to other apps over 24 hours of normal use according to Settings > Battery). It has increased significantly to the point I am now going to stop using Argus for a while too see if I can 'live without it'! Previously I would have given the app 4, I'm tempted to give it 2, but have compromised on 3 in view of the previous usefulness.
Clean and easy to use
I really enjoy this app because it collates all the vital figures you want to know about in one place - it remembers your most used 'items' and its accurate when you start to go running (without you telling it!). I mainly use this app for the pedometer function and I find that keeping track of how much water intake I have throughout the day is monitored well enough that I have improved in drinking more water! Highly recommend this app for a simple layout and intuitive interface. You don't necessarily want to use the social media aspects of it but I feel like it would add to the overall design of the app if you have a group of close friends whom you enjoy tracking goals with together!
Used to be better...
I have been using Argus for about 9 months now, and this new update may stop my continued usage due to the addition of ads (some of which won't go away no matter how many times you press the tiny cross) and the increased pushing of the premium service.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: 17 September 2015
- Version: 5.02
- Size: 106 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Bokmål, Norwegian, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Developer: Azumio Inc.
- © 2015 Azumio Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Azumio Premium£3.99
- Azumio Premium£22.99