Two of the most iconic classic games ever made meet in Arkanoid vs Space Invaders!
"There is just so much game here to enjoy..." - Destructoid 9/10
"... it's really worth putting your money where your mouth is and picking up this game." - TouchArcade 4.5/5
AUTHENTIC RETRO ARCADE GAMEPLAY
- Combines the exciting shoot ‘em up and block breaking gameplays in one game.
- Reflect the invaders bullets right back at them.
- Gather energy and trigger Attack Mode to destroy your enemies.
150 STAGES TO PLAY!
- Each level will test your skills and puzzle solving abilities.
- Experience over 20 different powers.
- Defeat huge 3D Invader bosses and save the galaxy.
- Unlock 40 different characters from the Taito legacy each with their own unique abilities (Shields, split ball, etc.)
- Hard Mode offers a new challenge for completionist players
- Compete on the leaderboards in ranked mode
Arkanoid vs Space Invaders is completely free of in-app purchases and requires IOS 8.0 or later.
Various bug fixes and improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
I've been looking for a good retro style game, and wow, this is amazing.
There are that many block breaker or space invader clones, but this is a great mix and still fresh with the full retro feel, and it works so well on so many levels.
It's got a great difficulty curve and is great to play in quick sessions or just every now and then.
The best part is that it's not pay to play, the Devs could have easily made this free and ruined it completely with so many micro transactions but they haven't and I can see why. This is a game of its own, even though it's a mix and a game like this just cries to be a true game not a free one.
If your one to complain about free to play games, trust me, put your money where your mouth is as this is going to be on my phone a long time.
This is a great mash-up of two age-old arcade games that evokes the best of Space Invaders and Arkanoid while also feeling totally fresh. It's clearly a little closer in gameplay to the latter, bouncing shots back to break blocks (and kill aliens), and there is no shortage of Breakout clones on iOS, but these guys have done the two licences proud. With 150 bitesize levels (which start to become pretty challenging after the first 30 or so) plus endless modes, power-ups, unlockable characters and great arcade music, it's well worth the asking price.
Back to my childhood
Well worth the price. This game has many diverse levels and challenges which keeps you coming back for more. Reminds me of playing games like this in the 80s.
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.