Art Authority for Mac
By Open Door Networks, Inc.
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
A comprehensive collection of works by over 1,000 of the western world's major artists, from ancient times to today. Organized by period and artist, Art Authority's nearly 100,000 paintings and sculptures are downloaded as needed and displayed chronologically for each artist, with detailed captioning. In-depth information about the periods and artists is also available.
From the earliest creative pieces to the latest modern and contemporary works, Art Authority provides an impressively displayed, carefully selected, well organized view of the western art world that is both broad and deep. FOR iPAD AND iPHONE TOO.
- Ancient, Byzantine, Gothic, Renaissance, Baroque, Romantic, Impressionist, Modern and Contemporary periods
- Special section on American art
- Art movements and/or nationalities within each period
- Overall index to all 1000+ artists, plus indices for each period
- Continuous shuffle through all art or by period
- Captions with work title, date, location and other details
- Access to in-depth information on each artist and period
- Full-screen slideshow display, with user-settable transitions
- Gallery-like, scrolling thumbnail view
- Save images to the desktop background or screen saver
How does Art Authority bring this vast world of art to you? We download most of it all from our own servers, where it's been optimized for quality, size and speed. For more recent works still under copyright, Art Authority downloads from an authorized Web site instead. The result: a comprehensive, continual view of western art from its origins through current times.
What's New in Version 3.5.4
Now with nearly 100,000 works of art
New Major Works shows
Broken. For a long time now.
Images belonging to a large number of artists are from Artnet. If they are, they will not show. Instead, you will get an error message saying “No pictures could be displayed based on current settings”. There is nothing in program’s Settings that could be changed to make them show. It is just broken. A review from 2012 has reported the same thing...