The free Art Guide app is your gateway to seeing and experiencing great art across the UK; helping you discover world-class exhibitions, museums and stunning country homes near you.
Finding great art wherever you are and whatever your interest has never been so easy:
- Search for the best exhibitions wherever you are across the UK
- Discover over 700 museums and galleries using postcode, location or free text search
- Create a wishlist of your favourite exhibitions and places you’d like to visit
- Set calendar reminders and recommend your favourites
- Check for National Art Pass discounts wherever you are
This is the UK’s most comprehensive exhibition and museum listings app and is brought to you by the charity behind the National Art Pass, a card which gets you free entry to over 220 museums and galleries plus 50% off major exhibitions.
The National Art Pass raises millions of pounds for Art Fund to help museums and galleries to buy and share great art for everyone to enjoy.
Ratings and Reviews
Previous app was much better
I just downloaded the current version of the app of the art fund after a long time not using it and I have to say previously it was much much better. To start with, a complicated system to log in... tried login with Facebook was completely useless, twice... once managed to get through the login, it is more or less based on the old menus so that's not too bad but tried to go into a couple of exhibitions and there is no explanation at all about exhibition highlights or overview... not sure why the choice would be there if then is left completely blank. Definitely something to work on. Previously was a lot more intuitive, easier to navigate and with a lot more information... not sure why it was changed but has been a change for the worse. Many thanks.
Apologies about the issue that you are experiencing, unfortunately we have been having intermittent issues with the feed of exhibition information. This has now been fixed which hopefully should rectify the issue for you but if it doesn't can you get in touch with firstname.lastname@example.org so we can troubleshoot further.
Bizarre Password Problems
Spent ages trying and failing to log into the app. I'd registered online and my long, randomly generated password with a variety of special characters was accepted fine. However while I could log in online I kept getting an error message in app that credentials didn't match. (They certainly did as I was copying and pasting from my password manager).
I wondered if incompetent developers had employed different password rules on the app to the website, so tried a shorter password without special characters. Low and behold it worked.
Three issues for the developers:
- First, why would you limit either length or character content in a password. It only serves to reduce security.
- Second, if you are going to employ senseless rules like that, it would be helpful to at least tell your users.
- Thirdly, I don't know how you managed to get different rules for your app and your website, but it's immensely annoying.
I'd like some clarity on exactly what the rules are so I can ensure my password is as secure as possible.
If one star seems harsh, note that in addition to the time this has wasted, the app also splashes the log in screen every time you open. Doubly frustrating when login doesn't work.
Intermittent Update feed problem - but now fixed
Version 3.1.6 did not work correctly when upgraded end of July 2017 in iPhone 5 on iOS 10.3.3 - losing all access to details of exhibitions at each site.
Web seems to work OK though.
App works on iPhone 5S OK.
Update - details beginning to populate.
Update 2 - support say intermittent update feed problems that are now fixed - and certainly working now correctly. Happy user status restored. Regarded back to 5*.
- The Art Fund
- 23.8 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, Danish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Ukrainian
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- © Art Fund
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.