Articles for iPhone
By Sophia Teutschler
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Articles is a beautiful Wikipedia reader for your iPhone and iPod touch.
Just enter a search term and let Articles find the Wikipedia entry you are looking for. Use the integrated maps feature to learn about interesting places and historic events around your current location, or anywhere else in the world. Or simply shake your device and let Articles find an entry for you. Mark interesting entries you want to read in the future and search text in the currently open document.
- Apple Design Award 2010 Winner
- App of the Week in the United States, Germany, United Kingdom and many other countries
- Best Reference App at the 2010 and 2011 Best App Ever Awards
- O'Reilly App Smackdown: Best App for Wikipedia
"Wikipedia is free on the web, right? Why spend even a couple bucks to wrap it in an app. The answer is interface. You can do far more, far more easily, with a native app than you can do with a web page." – Rene Ritchie, iMore
"There are a bunch of dedicated Wikipedia iPhone apps, and there are several I like. But I like Articles best. It’s fast, it looks great (including the formatting of articles), and it has a very clever MobileSafari-inspired UI." – John Gruber, Daring Fireball
Tips & Tricks:
- Double-tap (and hold) on the article to display the Chapter Index control.
- Tap the status bar to scroll back to the search bar.
- Pinch the article view to increase or decrease the text size.
- Tap-and-hold a link to open an article in a new page.
- Shake your device to open a random article.
- Tap and hold on text to copy and paste article content.
- Tap and hold on links and images to reveal more actions.
- Tap and hold the Toolbar to start customizing all items.
- Pull down the article view to lock or unlock the current screen orientation.
What's New in Version 2.6.1
- An all new and modernized app icon.
- Bug fixes and tweaks.
- If you like Articles, please consider leaving a review. That helps us a lot. Thanks!
Better than wikipedia's mobile site
Very clean and clear way of presenting articles from Wikipedia (which in no way matches the nasty, new app icon though! Bring back the old one 😄)
Great app but please revert from the awful new logo! Who on earth designed that?? It might mean that Articles get relegated from my Home screen...
Could you change another icon same as before ,please?
- Category: Reference
- Updated: 25 September 2013
- Version: 2.6.1
- Size: 6.1 MB
- Languages: English, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish
- Developer: Sophia Teutschler
- © 2008-2014 Sophia Teutschler
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.