ArtStudio for iPad - draw, paint, filters, photo editor
By Lucky Clan
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
ArtStudio is the most comprehensive, sketching, painting and photo editing tool in the App Store. Completely re-designed from the ground up the new ArtStudio features a beautiful new user interface and a powerful new graphics engine to make creating works of art faster, easier, and more fun! Using advanced drawing algorithms this is the fastest and most precise version of ArtStudio to date.
See the videos:
Photo features: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SfPXLbKMz8
Follow us on twitter: http://twitter.com/lucky_clan
"It doesn’t matter whether you’re a skilled artist or a newbie; ArtStudio for iPad is for you."
"This is what PhotoShop Mobile wishes it had been."
- flexible canvas size, max: 2048x1536(iPad 1), 2592x1936 (iPad 2), 2448x3264 (the new iPad)
- support for any device orientation
- 16 tools: select, pencil, wet paintbrush, dry paintbrush, spray, dots, eraser, smudge, bucket fill, gradient, text, clone, heal, blur/sharpen, dodge/burn, eyedropper
- 450 HIGH QUALITY BRUSHES (150 free, 300 paid) divided into 30 groups
- custom brushes, max size: 500x500px
- select tool: rect/ellipse/lasso/magic wand/by color, add/sub/intersect, contract/expand/round corners/border/...
- text tool: over 150 system fonts, support of external TTF fonts (just upload .ttf file in iTunes using File Sharing), special text layer to easy edit text
- palm rejection
- favorites list to quickly access user's favorite brush settings
- fully customizable stroke settings: blur, flip, size, opacity, spacing, fadeout, squeeze, angle, speed-size, speed-opacity, random flip, scatter, jitter-spacing, jitter-angle, jitter-size, jitter-squeeze, jitter-opacity, jitter-hue, jitter-saturation, jitter-lightness
- support for bluetooth styluses
- symmetric drawing
- guidelines, grid
- shapes: lines, rectangles, ellipses, polygons (open, closed)
- layer options: add, duplicate, merge down/visible, delete, lock alpha, show/hide, link, name, reorder, opacity, blending modes
- layer masks
- layer/selection transformations: move/scale/rotate with multi-touch, flip, rotate left/right, fill/erase
- distort (skew, perspective etc)
- 21 layer blending modes: normal, multiply, add, difference, screen, overlay, hue, saturation, color, value, ...
- import from 'Camera Roll', camera, iTunes, clipboard
- export as JPG/PNG/PSD to 'Camera Roll', email, clipboard, iTunes
- multi-touch navigation with unlimited zoom
- undo/redo with almost infinite number of steps
- image resize (none, bilinear, bicubic, lanczos interpolations) , change canvas size, crop
- 40 filters: gaussian/motion/radial blur, sharpen, unsharp mask, add noise, render clouds, edge detect, border/vignette and more
- Elastify filter used to make incredible distortions
- adjustments: brightness/contrast/exposure, hue/saturation/lightness, color balance, temperature, shadows/highlights, CURVES, auto contrast/colors/white balance and more
- video tutorials
## IPHONE/IPOD VERSION AVAILABLE IN APP STORE ##
What's New in Version 5.16
- fixed problem with font list
- fixed problem with status bar
- few other bugs fixed
I have used this app as I can use its layer for my traffic management on site I know it's not what it was designed for but it's perfect for it I can change just walkways or loading bay without having to delete and redraw a lot of items each time I need to make a change and as the site I'm on has 160 guys on ever day it changes everyday . I did need to find a program on my mini mac to shrink size of base map as each time I tried to open it said file to big .
Excellent app at a very reasonable price
Best in Class
I can only assume the person who comments ArtStudio is good for starters but suggests moving up to Procreate is joking. This is the best app of its kind with massive adjustability, a superb interface and I have moved to it from Procreate because it offers more professional features..
I have used Corel Paint and Corel Draw in the past and more recently Adobe Photoshop. I prefer the former and this app reminds me of the flexibility of the professional products.
Thanks and keep up the good work
Very impressive to work with. Intuitive interface. Prefer using this app and an inexpensive conductive rubber tip pen over the Wacom bamboo on desktop pc. That's not a criticism of Wacom but I use my iPad for more and more and my pc for less these days. The advantage with this app and a pen is that you're drawing directly on the digital paper rather than the disconnect you get when using a separate graphics tablet and computer monitor.
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: 03 October 2013
- Version: 5.16
- Size: 21.5 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Sylwester Los
- © Lucky Clan
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases
- Pack 1£2.99