*** This is the LEGACY version. ARTSTUDIO PRO, the successor to this app, is available now with many new features and improvements. Find it by searching for “Artstudio Pro” on the Mac/iOS App Store.
ArtStudio is the most comprehensive, sketching, painting and photo editing tool in the App Store. Completely re-designed from the ground up the new ArtStudio features a beautiful new user interface and a powerful new graphics engine to make creating works of art faster, easier, and more fun! Using advanced drawing algorithms this is the fastest and most precise version of ArtStudio to date.
See the videos:
Photo features: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SfPXLbKMz8
Follow us on twitter: http://twitter.com/lucky_clan
Follow us on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/LuckyClanApps
"This is what PhotoShop Mobile wishes it had been."
- flexible canvas size, max: 2048x1536(iPad 1), 2592x1936 (iPad 2), 2448x3264 (iPad 3rd or newer), 3024x4032 (iPad Air2, iPad Mini 4, iPad Pro)
- support for any device orientation
- 16 tools: select, pencil, wet paintbrush, dry paintbrush, spray, dots, eraser, smudge, bucket fill, gradient, text, clone, heal, blur/sharpen, dodge/burn, eyedropper
- 450 HIGH QUALITY BRUSHES (150 free, 300 paid) divided into 30 groups
- custom brushes, max size: 500x500px
- select tool: rect/ellipse/lasso/magic wand/by color, add/sub/intersect, contract/expand/round corners/border/...
- text tool: over 150 system fonts, support of external TTF fonts (just upload .ttf file in iTunes using File Sharing), special text layer to easy edit text
- palm rejection
- favorites list to quickly access user's favorite brush settings
- fully customizable stroke settings: blur, flip, size, opacity, spacing, fadeout, squeeze, angle, speed-size, speed-opacity, random flip, scatter, jitter-spacing, jitter-angle, jitter-size, jitter-squeeze, jitter-opacity, jitter-hue, jitter-saturation, jitter-lightness
- symmetric drawing
- guidelines, grid
- shapes: lines, rectangles, ellipses, polygons (open, closed)
- layer options: add, duplicate, merge down/visible, delete, lock alpha, show/hide, link, name, reorder, opacity, blending modes
- layer masks
- layer/selection transformations: move/scale/rotate with multi-touch, flip, rotate left/right, fill/erase
- distort (skew, perspective etc)
- 21 layer blending modes: normal, multiply, add, difference, screen, overlay, hue, saturation, color, value, ...
- import from 'Camera Roll', camera, iTunes, clipboard
- export as JPG/PNG/PSD to 'Camera Roll', email, clipboard, iTunes
- multi-touch navigation with unlimited zoom
- undo/redo with almost infinite number of steps
- image resize (none, bilinear, bicubic, lanczos interpolations) , change canvas size, crop
- 40 filters: gaussian/motion/radial blur, sharpen, unsharp mask, add noise, render clouds, edge detect, border/vignette and more
- Elastify filter used to make incredible distortions
- adjustments: brightness/contrast/exposure, hue/saturation/lightness, color balance, temperature, shadows/highlights, CURVES, auto contrast/colors/white balance and more
- video tutorials
## IPHONE/IPOD VERSION AVAILABLE IN APP STORE ##
This is the LEGACY version. ARTSTUDIO PRO, the successor to this app, is available for iOS and macOS with many new features and improvements.
Tap ArtStudio>Artstudio Pro item in top menu or search for "Artstudio Pro" on the App Store to find it.
- added button to easily find Artstudio Pro on the App Store
Ratings and Reviews
Been using it for years
This app has never failed me, and is perfect for any beginner or intermediate level artist. The interface is easily learned and is simple to navigate. It's definitely not as complicated as some of the more professional art platforms, which suits me as I'm not a professional haha.
A thing I'd like to see in the app in the future is folders to place certain artwork into. It'd make navigating through artwork a bit easier.
Aside from the occasional crash, this app is very good, and I'd highly recommend it to everyone, particularly beginning artists who want to try out digital art but don't want to invest in an art tablet yet!
Way the best Art App
The absolute best Art App there is , & there are many really good ones. This stands out - with so many great 'brushes/tools' & colours, infinite layers (& 'undo's) tool bars anywhere you like, slide bars for size & opacity, everything visible in several ways to suit your preference - or not visible. Loads of other facilities in the menus. Really easy to use too. (I've had an entire exhibition of iPad pics as gyclee prints & the quality is perfect) Its a wonderful app. Only the 'Pro' version supports the Apple stylus - again the 'sensitivity' has three settings & is beautiful.
It's still a going on App but why is there no stylus?
Once you really couldn't touch this App. It's speed, powerful options and simple layout with a very pretty colour selection put it way ahead. I used to practically just go out to draw with this App and people would ask me what it was. But as the power stylus models came out it became worse slowly dropping support??
- Sylwester Los
- 38.2 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Lucky Clan
- In-App Purchases
- Pack 1 £4.99
- Watercolors £0.99
- Oils £0.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.