Introducing Artstudio Pro, the most powerful painting and photo editing app available for both iOS and macOS. The successor to our famous ArtStudio app has been redesigned bringing many new features and improvements taking full advantage of the latest technologies Metal, iCloud Drive, Apple Pencil, and optimized for 64-bit multi-core processors to achieve the smoothest possible workflow.
Hundreds of assets are included and users have the ability to import resources in the most popular formats (ABR, TPL, PAT, GRD, ASE, ACO) giving instant access to millions of brushes, patterns, gradients, color swatches and fonts. It will boost your creativity and help you bring your ideas to life quickly and easily.
The powerful GPU accelerated ArtEngine developed by Lucky Clan is 5-10 times faster than the previous engine. It allows working with multiple documents, supports large canvas sizes and an unlimited number of layers. Incredible optimization ensures smooth work even with large canvases.
• Multiple open documents
• Canvas size: 64Mpix (iPad Air 2 or newer, iPhone 6s or newer), 48Mpix (older devices)
• Unlimited layers
• 27 tools: Move, Select, Crop, Eyedropper, Paint, Wet Paint, Eraser, Bucket/Pattern/Gradient Fill, Smudge, Dodge, Burn, Sponge, Text, Heal, Clone, and more
Flexible layer system
Artstudio Pro introduces a new layer system with grouping, non-destructive layer effects, and adjustment layers.
• Masks, clipping masks
• Adjustment Layers
• 9 layer effects: Bevel/Emboss, Stroke, Inner Shadow, Inner Glow, Outer Glow, Color/Gradient/Pattern Overlay, Drop Shadow
• 27 blending modes
• Text layers
• Transform multiple layers simultaneously
Advanced Brush engine
Perfectly optimized, lag free mechanism generating smooth, real looking strokes, making the most of Apple Pencil.
• Brush size up to 4000x4000
• 64-bit painting with pattern, double stamp, wet brush, dynamics
• Brush editor with 80 customizable settings
• Over 100 built-in brushes divided into a few groups: Painting, Sketching, Markers, Inking, Dots & Specks, and more
• Symmetric painting
Professional photo editor
Photo editing options developed in cooperation with professional photographers. Each feature was tested in several scenarios and light conditions.
• 15 adjustments available as non-destructive layer or simple adjustment: Brightness/Contrast, Levels, Curves, Exposure/Gamma, Shadows/Highlights, Vibrance, Hue/Saturation, Color Balance, Temperature/Tint, Black and White, Gradient Map and more
• 4 auto adjustments: Auto Contrast, Levels, Lightness, Saturation
• Dozens of filters with realtime preview and the ability to generate seamless patterns
• Inpaint, Elastify (Liquify)
• Retouching tools: Heal, Dodge, Burn, Sponge and more
• Image resize, Canvas resize
• Crop using special tool, crop from selection, trim transparent areas
Full iCloud integration
• Save and load images on iCloud Drive or local disk
• View, load, share, delete, move documents in internal gallery or iOS Files app
• Sort documents into folders
We have implemented many parsers from the most popular assets/images formats and we are especially proud of our ABR/TPL parser which not only reads brush stamps and patterns, but also most settings which are converted to Artstudio Pro brush engine values.
• Images - PNG, JPEG, PSD, HEIC, TIFF, GIF, most raw formats
• Brushes - ABR, TPL
• Color swatches - ASE, ACO
• Patterns - PAT
• Gradients - GRD
• Fonts - TTF, OTF
• Images - PNG, JPEG, PSD, TIFF, PDF
• Screen recording
• Customisable Quick menu
• Selection displayed as marching ants, quick mask or invisible
• Snapping to guidelines, dynamic guidelines, grid
• Perspective grid assist
• Mirror (flipped) view
• Support of iPad Drag and Drop, Split View, Sharing Extension, Open In, Clipboard
• Support of Wacom, Adonit and SonarPen styluses
Minimum System Requirements
Artstudio Pro for iOS requires iPhone or iPad running iOS 10 or above
- it is now possible to re-apply Elastify on multiple layers
- fixed issue that sometimes adjustment layer in 'pass through' group was ignored
- fixed adjusting Elastify size and strength on iPhone
- fixed glitch when using Z/Space shortcuts to Zoom/Pan
- blocked using filters on hidden layers
Ratings and Reviews
Use thousands of brushes, patterns, gradients, color swatches and fonts.
Very powerful but simple to use app!
First of all, I must say how brilliant your Art Studio and Art Studio Pro apps are! I’m a tattooist who uses either app on my iPad Pro every single day! I’m still feeling my way around the pro app but getting there slowly! These apps make my job far easier! I very rarely draw any designs on paper anymore. Please may I request a feature to either app which I don’t believe you’ve offered yet? Would it be possible to create the facility to curve/bend text? If you’ve used Adobe Photoshop you might be able to get the idea by checking it out on there. It allows text or full quotes to be curved, into an arc or wavy or even into a full circle or into a heart shape, etc. If you could make this possible, I would worship you guys forever! I’m about to install your fab apps onto my iMac and MacBook also! Thanks again for these awesome apps! I look forward to hearing from you and can’t wait for you to make these updates possible!
Fantastic - my fave iPad art app
I’ve been using Artstudio Pro for a few weeks now and I really love it. Previously my app of choice was Procreate, but ASP beats it in terms of the available tools by a mile. I love being able to crop the canvas and do more complicated things with the selection tools - there’s plenty else you can do but those were what I was badly missing in other apps.
What really makes it for me is that you can import ABR brushes, so I’ve got hundreds of brushes in the app now from all the brush packs I bought a few years ago! A tip about importing brushes is to only do them in small sections - if you try and jam 200 brushes into one brush folder, the app understandably struggles and can crash. But if you section them out, it works perfectly, and it’s great having a big library of brushes on a portable device.
There’s an active forum where you can get tips or make suggestions, and I’ve had a couple of questions and had them answered by staff within hours of posting. As with most apps there are some changes that would make it more intuitive to use, but I’m pretty confident the staff will introduce them over time, and there’s nothing that makes the app actively difficult to use.
I’d definitely recommend it to anyone, but ESPECIALLY if you have brushes you’d like to be using on the go which can’t be imported into apps like Procreate or Medibang.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.