The #1 app for turning your iPad into a drawing tablet for Mac! Astropad allows you to use your iPad to draw directly into Photoshop and any other Mac creative tools, including: Photoshop, Illustrator, Lightroom, Affinity, Corel Painter, Manga Studio, Pixelmator, Mischief and any other Mac app you like!
With Astropad, you get the high-end experience of a Wacom pen display at a fraction of the price. Connect wirelessly or over USB for complete creative freedom.
** Requires a Mac **
The Mac companion app is free and is available on http://astropad.com.
Watch our demo video at: http://astropad.com
Astropad Standard will remain free after purchase, with continual updates to improve performance.
• Provides a natural drawing experience
• Works with any Mac app
• Delivers unprecedented image quality, no compression artifacts
• Blazing fast, keeps up with your drawing
• Bursts to 60 FPS even over Wi-Fi
• Works wirelessly or over USB
• Supports all iOS styluses
• Pressure sensitive
• Customizable shortcuts
• True Retina resolution
• Accurate palm rejection
• Pinch to zoom and pan in your Mac apps
• Apple Pencil
• Pencil by FiftyThree
• Adobe Ink
• Pogo Connect
• "In short: it actually works." - The Verge
• "If you're a digital artist with an iPad, you need to give Astropad a try." - iMore
• "I found performance instantaneous with no lag time whatsoever." - The Next Web
• "Astropad's execution is much better...mirroring the display with zero lag and total reliability." - Gizmodo
• "Somebody should really go to Wacom HQ and make sure everyone's okay." - Uncrate
Creating Astropad required innovative new technology we call LIQUID. We tried existing technologies but none of them delivered the performance we demanded. So we developed LIQUID and we are now able to deliver incredible performance and image quality well beyond existing tools.
Powered by LIQUID technology
• 2x faster than AirPlay
• Better than the highest quality JPEG
• Designed specifically for Wi-Fi
All iPads with iOS 9.1
All Macs with 10.11 or later
What our users are saying:
“I was debating on whether or not to get a Cintiq and decided to go with Astropad/ iPad Pro. Couldn't be happier!” Dante Terzigni, illustrator
“I love Astropad – it completely benched my Wacom tablet. The Wacom is forgotten in my bottom drawer and hasn’t seen the light of day since I installed Astropad.” Erkki Alvenmod, photographer
"Great, great, great. Need I say more?" - Sherri Nielsen
“It’s a go! The latency is nonexistent compared to a Cintiq. It’s much better in so many ways and your pockets will be much happier.” Dave Garcia, photographer
"It's completely revolutionized the way I animate in Flash and Photoshop." - Ronny K.
"I levitated out of my seat when I saw Astropad, having frequently lusted after a Wacom Cintiq for years but unable to afford it. Thank you much for developing this breakthrough app." - Mark G.
"OHMYGODILOVEYOU!" - Wayne Johnson
Support for new Fall 2018 iPad Pros
Ratings and Reviews
works without hassle
it just works and it is simple so i can get on with things
Does what I thought it would
Update to my previous review:
I paid the best part of £30 for an iPad app, which initially worked flawlessly. As this is something that I use occasionally, rather than daily, I have become frustrated at the constant need to update this app.... and my Mac operating system. I am all for progress, but DO NOT FORCE PEOPLE TO UPDATE APPS which may cause other apps to fail, I have reduced my initial 5 star rating down to 2 star
- Astro HQ LLC
- 36.5 MB
- Requires iOS 9.1 or later. Compatible with iPad.
- English, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Astro HQ LLC 2017, All Rights Reserved
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.