What’s more powerful than a voice in your ear? Whether you’re in bed, commuting or driving a voice can make you imagine anything. Feel every word with Audible, an Amazon company.
That book you’ve been meaning to read? Try downloading it as an audiobook. All the best sellers are here as well as classics, non-fiction and much more. Gone are the days of books on tape or abridged CDs. These are professionally narrated by the world’s best actors and performers.
If you love to read books then blast through your reading list without adding to your already-busy schedule. That’s because you can listen while commuting, driving, running or just about anywhere else.
With the world’s largest selection of audiobooks and premium spoken-word entertainment, you’re bound to find what you’re looking for. Find best sellers such as Girl on the Train, A Game of Thrones, Harry Potter, 50 Shades of Grey, Me Before You and the Chimp Paradox as well as a wide range of popular categories like:
• Crime and thriller
• Science fiction
• Mindfulness and meditation
• Kids books
• The bible, religion & spirituality and more
Listen anytime, anywhere. Your library automatically syncs across all your devices.
Still not convinced? How about we give you 30 days to try Audible completely free? If it’s not for you, you can cancel anytime. No annual contracts, no strings attached. You can even keep your free book.
But if you love it and want more (which we think you will), you’ll automatically get one credit each month that you can redeem for any book on Audible. All for just £7.99 per month. And if you don’t love your book, you can exchange it, any time for any reason. Members also get deals, free audiobooks and surprise gifts.
Whether you’re a heavy book reader or just curious to give it a try, Audible is the best way to complement your books and ebooks with more fiction, non-fiction, podcasts and more.
Turn your everyday moments into story time. Listening to Stephen Fry perform Harry Potter makes for great bedtime stories for kids or adults alike.
Stumped on what to listen to first? Go to the “discover” section of the app and see our best sellers, new releases and personalized recommendations.
• Our audiobook player makes it easy to skip ahead or back by 30 seconds or navigate through chapters
• Use the sleep timer to stop narration if you drift off
• Speed up or slow down the narration by up to 3x to suit you
• Try samples for free to see if a story is for you
Download the app and download your first audiobook for free.
Visit us at www.audible.co.uk
Frequently Asked Questions
• Is Audible a reading app?
Audible lets you listen to great audiobooks. The combination of an incredible performer plus the ability to listen while you multi-task make Audible indispensable for any book lover.
• What’s the difference between Audible and an ebook reader?
What makes Audible different than ebooks or printed books is that you can hear a story be professionally performed while doing something else.
• Does Audible have story books for kids?
Yes, Audible has loads of great content for kids (especially great on those long car journeys that can be transformed into story time for kids).
• What genres are available on Audible?
Everything from best sellers to gangster tales, the latest hit novel, even ghost stories. It’s all on Audible.
• Can I stream and download my audiobooks?
Your library is kept in the cloud, so whatever device you’re on, you’ll always have your books ready to go. When you want to listen, tap on the book and it will begin downloading to your device.
• So what’s the correct spelling? Audiobooks or audio books?
We like “audiobooks”. Some say “audio book player” or “talking book” but that barely does the amazing performances justice.
• I just want to read free books!
Well, maybe we can tempt you to listen to one instead? Join Audible and your first 30 days are absolutely free.
• It's now easier than ever to share using the standard iOS sharing menu
• We've made numerous improvements for our VoiceOver users, including making download and sync progress accessible
• When connecting to CarPlay, you'll now be brought directly to your library instead of needing to tap it every time
• It's now more convenient to rate and review Audio Shows when you're done listening
• Fixed a bug where resuming playback of a book via Control Center would cause the book to automatically pause again a second later
• Fixed some localization issues in Discover and Library
• Fixed some issues that would occur when switching between Light and Dark theme
• Fixed an issue that was affecting a small number of titles when playing on SONOS that would cause the skip forward/back actions to not work correctly
• Old periodicals that you're no longer subscribed to will no longer appear in your library
• Fixed a crash that would occur for signed in users when downloading an excerpt
• Fixed a rare crash when viewing the list of chapters for certain titles
• Fixed a crash when trying to play content on the Apple Watch when the paired iPhone was set to certain languages
• When deleting a book from the Apple Watch, the watch icon now correctly disappears from the same book in your library
• Deleting a book from the Apple Watch while it's playing now actually deletes the book
We're constantly striving to make your Audible experience better. If you have feedback or face any issues, please reach out to us at audible-uk.custhelp.com or on Twitter at @audibleuk.
Ratings and Reviews
Ok but also ridiculous!!
Right so... I play my iBook purchases through the audible app because I prefer the interface! But other than a bigger library of books to choose from that’s all I really like about it (although pretty much all the main big titles you’ll find anywhere). The two main things I dislike are that they don’t allow you to make purchases through the app. In a consumer driven world that’s focused on what’s convenient you can only make purchases on a PC or mobile desktop... at least as a non-member, which brings me to my next point and isn’t very good on the go! The second and the most frustrating to me is looking at a lot of the titles on my “to buy” list, without being forced to pay monthly for a membership and get these “discounts”, I searched some that I’m most interested in and every single one was more expensive than Apple are charging. Most of the time a lot more, even £10+ more. That’s ridiculous and very frustrating to feel as if you’re being bated to buy a membership that ultimately means you some how have to pay monthly to not get ripped off with the purchase prices. So disappointing but hey, enough good reviews on here shows most are happy with it. So just my recent realisation.
Would certainly recommend
Works great on my phone. massive choice of non fiction, and an option to request books. Expensive books, costing in excess of £50, still cost just 1 credit, allowing anyone with little money the opportunity to own books they’d only otherwise get from a library. I can’t rave enough, but maybe I am overjoyed because I have had since 2014 and didn’t get chance to use it, and forgot all about it. I’d set up a direct debit and didn’t even notice the bill go out each month, so by the time I remember to check it out I had a collection of credits to use which feel almost free. Also you can return the books if you listen to them and didn’t like them, and have your credit returned for a new book. I might also add that if you have ran out of credits, the books are also all at reduced prices. The chapters are listed in a menu, there’s a sleep timer, I can’t find anything I don’t like. Would recommend!
Recovery by Russell Brand
Love him or hate him ( I happen to be in the first camp) this man for all his previous misgivings has laid himself bare in this work.
In this book he takes us through which is basically the 12 Step recovery programme used by AA. Where I think this book really succeeds is that it allows anyone who is suffering from addiction or even worried that they might be to gain an insight into the work carried out by AA and other such groups but without the stigma attached to going to a meeting or even buying their literature. That being said Russell makes it very clear that reading his book alone is not enough and to truly heal one would need to partake in their programmes.
I think this is an extremely noble work as Mr Brand must know that it’s never going to be a bestseller as it reaches a fairly limited audience but whatever you think of him I challenge anyone to read this and not change their opinion of the man.
Well done Russ and up the Hammers!
- Audible, Inc.
- 89.5 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018. Audible, Inc
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.