Audio Memos is a voice recorder for the iPhone and iPad. What you'll really like about Audio Memos, is that you can actually HEAR your recordings (try it and compare, you'll hear what we mean). It's also easy to use, with a simple and intuitive interface. Yet with many advanced features as volume boost, volume normalizing, editing of recordings and more. Most of these features are exclusive to this program, which makes it one of the most advanced recorder.
This is a great recorder, don't just take our word for it: Audio Memos Free has been featured by Apple in the "What's hot" section.
This is an ad supported version of "Audio Memos". So you get most of the full version's features, with NO LIMITS on recording length as on many other free products.
Your recordings are stored on your device but can be backed up to your computer using a simple web browser (or by email). The download procedure is no more complicated than going on our web site and clicking on download files (no registration required). See our website for more details.
• Send recordings by email (up to 3MB in free version).
• Use bookmarks to navigate easily in a recording (in the pro version).
• Voice and timer activated recording (in the pro version).
• Send or delete multiple recordings at a time (in the pro version).
• High quality recordings up to 44100 Hz. Three levels of quality are available: 11025 Hz, 22050 Hz and 44100 Hz.
• Professionally engineered audio normalizing filter, which enables you to have a constant average volume on all your recordings. This feature does not modify your recordings, so you can turn it on even if you intend to post process your audio files on a computer.
• Wide range volume control using a volume boost. While listening to a recording, volume can be increased using your device's volume keys. If you find this insufficiently loud, you can adjust the volume boost in the application's settings.
• Normalizing and boosting filters use dynamic compression with a non linear function to prevent clipping and minimize distortions. Note however that eventual clipping and distortion created by the microphone are not suppressed. If you care about quality, use the headset's microphone instead of the built in one.
• Make stereo recordings (in the paid version).
• Records even when your device is in sleep mode; and pauses automatically in the event of an incoming phone call.
• Advanced listing of your recordings, which displays name, date, length and size information. A detailed view is also available for each recording. This view gives extra information such as quality and download status of a recording.
• Must have controls as pause record, pause play, slider, quality control.
• Uses widespread wav format to store recordings, so you can transfer and read them on any device.
• Works with the iPod Touch if you have an Apple headset with a microphone.
• Upload recordings to any FTP server you choose (in the pro version).
• Access your recordings as a remote drive using the Finder, Windows Explorer or any WebDAV client (in the pro version).
• Added a trashcan to recover recently deleted memos.
• Fixed VoiceOver availability while recording.
• Many other improvements.
Leave us a review on the App Store to tell us what you think about this update.
Ratings and Reviews
5 mins of use and I can already tell that it isn't worth the storage!
Sorry to be saying this... In fact... No, this is a problem that can be fixed, am I right?
The app is very limited and I have read the other reviews, unfortunately - considering I only had the app for a few minutes - I was unable to come across the problems myself. However, I did come across some major problems. Although, the app is FREE there was a few problems. On the screen, there is a bar to enable you to change the quality of your recordings! I was trying to use the bar when it didn't work and was a waste of resources! I also realised that the app had a button... Basically, I don't remember what for but it definitely wasn't.to DELETE your recordings! Please fix this and try to improve the app for others! As I currently am not overly impressed!
On the other hand, the basic recording was easy enough to work out!
A great app
I downloaded this because i am currently attending project management lectures and wanted a way to capture them so i can listen to them again in my car when driving up and down the motorway. This recorded the speech crisp and clear on the standard settings. The interface is easy and i managed to record 7 full days of lectures before i ran out of room on my iphone. If you want an audio recording app i would recommend this. Just avoid using the amplification option as i lost 1/2 a days recording due to turning this up the first time i used it.
Frustrating waste of time
I used the free version on my iPad and recorded four files. The email file transfer facility did not work so I upgraded to the paid version. This should have allowed me to transfer the files to the new version - it didn't work for two of the files. Asked for help - big waste of time! Told this sometimes happens, I could try transferring to a computer. Had myself and two good techies looking at their instructions. Still have not managed it. It's not an expensive app but given my important files are trapped in the free version it has been expensive to me! Don't go there! Support is useless and the application does not do what it says on the tin - the company blame iPad operating system - ERM Hello! it's supposed to be an app suitable for iPad!!!!!
- Imesart S.a.r.l.
- 21.6 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Imesart S.a.r.l
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.