By Audioboo Ltd
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Welcome to the new-look audioBoom app. We provide you with the ultimate in spoken-word audio, and now we’ve updated our app to make it even better. We’ve reimagined, reorganized and reinvented. Why not update now?
* Daily Download - 2 hours of your favourite audio automatically available offline for your commute. Refreshed every day.
* Explore featured and trending content from the world’s best audio producers
* Enjoy artificial intelligence so clever it hurts: the app will suggest content based on your listening history
* Listen to great audio from 10 Downing St, TIME, VICE, NME, Sky Sports News, NPR, The Economist, Absolute Radio, the BBC, the Premier League, ABC, The Spectator, AFL, talkSPORT, the Guardian, Polydor, Telegraph, Huffington Post, ICC Cricket World Cup, Fox News, Sky News Radio, Blackcaps… and so much more
* Search instantly for podcasts, categories, playlists and content providers
* Record and edit straight from the app
* Follow friends, podcasters and content providers
* Record up to 10 mins per clip for free… with as many clips as you like. Size doesn’t matter, it’s what you do with it that counts.
* Send DMs to friends
* Download the app!
* Register or log-in
* Select the categories that you love the most to create your own personal Radio Station
* Or follow a Radio Station based on category or what’s trending
* Lay back, listen, and enjoy the best spoken word audio in the world
* Go to http://www.audioboom.com
NEED A HAND OR HAVE A SUGGESTION?
* Tweet us at @audioBoomHelp or visit http://support.audioboom.com
What's New in Version 4.1.4
Minor bugs fixed. Plus, from 4.1.0 :
Apple Handoff controls!
* Have you tried this on other apps yet? It’s like magic - swap between app and other devices for a seamless listening experience.
A much better Help screen
* Stuck? We've made our help animation even clearer. And if you already know it all, you can skip it!
A personal radio page to make listening easier
* We've added clearer listening options, and not only can you listen to a Station based on your preferences, you can listen by category or what's trending too. Go explore!
A reorganized player with updated queues
* We now have better play queues… so what you listen to next will make sense! Thanks for the feedback on this one.
* Not sure who to follow or where to start? We handpick the biggest and best of our content partners to help you listen to the best stuff.
iOS8 lock-screen controls
* Can’t be dealing with entering passwords or fingerprints? You can now like or download for later straight from your lock screen.
Our Daily Download is now even better
* It’s way less buggy and is the best yet.
Has potential but...
I downloaded the app primarily for the Russell Brand podcast but loved the look and feel of the rest of it and looked forward to exploring other content. However, the offline functionality is so appalling, it almost renders this app useless for me. I listen to podcasts on my commute to work and this app just doesn't allow me to do this. Receive notifications to say my podcasts have been downloaded, only to see they've been removed when I go into them. Then can't re-download as the app is saying they're already downloaded (which they're not!). Not a problem with phone storage as other podcast apps are downloading podcasts fine. Am hoping this gets fixed or content becomes available to stream through other podcast apps that actually enable you to listen to offline content.
Attractive but irritating to use
An audio player constantly forgetting where you left off is unforgivable. To make matters worse the app seems to want to force random stuff on you rather than let you listen to what you've actually followed or downloaded. Three times now I've loaded the app to play the Russell Brand podcast and it seems to load the episode I was on at the time I was at but this is just a loading screen and in the second it takes me to press play it switches to some stupid premier league thing which I have no interest in, which then starts playing.
I will suffer through using the app because Russell Brand and Matt Morgan are an amazing duo. But this app needs more testing and it needs to save your place and stop pushing random things on you.
I found this after a friend shared a link to the Russell Brand podcast, I can't stand the guy but it nevertheless it caught my attention and I downloaded the app. I like the slick interface and the idea of the app using an algorithm to better understand what I enjoy from things I like and share, I'm still getting to grips with it but I feel this could become a part of my daily routine, thank you!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: 28 February 2015
- Version: 4.1.4
- Size: 30.6 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish
- Developer: Audioboo Ltd
- © 2015 Audioboom PLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimised for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.