By Mauricio Santos
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
El Capitan Ready
Auditri is the best audio converter for mac, converts between all popular audio formats preserving metadata and album artwork. Lossless files are supported so you can keep your audio files in their highest quality. Import your wma and flac files to iTunes by converting them to mp3 and Apple Lossless, convert your m4a files to mp3 so you can play them in all of your devices.
* Keeps file tags and metadata.
* Album art support for mp3, aac, Apple Lossless and flac.
* The only Application on the App Store capable of converting WMA Lossless files (please read below).
* Fast multicore encoding.
* High quality audio output, using the best encoders in the industry (Lame, Core Audio).
* You can auto import your converted files to iTunes.
* Growl Notifications.
* You can always save files to a custom directory.
* Easy to use drag and drop interaction.
* Drag files directly to the dock icon.
Supported Input/Output Formats:
* Apple Lossless
* M4A (aac)
* OGG Vorbis
Auditri is the only app capable of converting WMA Lossless files, this is achieved through Flip4mac WMV Player Pro (Microsoft authorized decoder for mac), if you want to convert WMA Lossless files in Auditri you need to have installed this software available at http://www.telestream.net/flip4mac-wmv/overview.htm
Please note that no additional software is required to convert regular WMA files, just lossless. Auditri doesn't support any kind of DRM protected files.
What's New in Version 3.0
- WMA Lossless support (using flip4mac).
- Improved performance.
- Fixed problems opening files in Lion.
- Fixed problems previewing artwork in Lion.
- Fixed problems converting some Flac files.
I needed an app that would change my iTunes files to MP3 for me (as my phone was in a stubborn mood and refusing to play them) and this did the job! In the preferences you can save the file destination to whatever you like if putting them back in iTunes is not your thing. One other review said that it didn't do the job in one attempt, and admittedly on my first go it only did the top 20 on the list and stopped (but i was fiddiling so that might have been me...) but on the second attempt it got through all the remaining 250+ songs on my list! Good app :)
Worked as described using 10.8.2 (Mountain Lion)
Only used it to convert one album from FLAC to M4a so far but did it seamlessly in one go.
Gave me the options i wanted, what to export as, quality and then where to export to.
What else would you need? Happy days :)
Easy to use
This App is exactly what I was looking for to convert a load of WMA files to playback via my iTunes. Once converted it just sits in my iTunes library ready to listern to.
At at the current price it's worth getting