AUM is the flexible audio mixer, recorder, and connection hub for your iPad, iPhone and iPod touch.
Connect hardware inputs and outputs, Audio Unit extensions, Inter-App Audio apps, Audiobus, soundfile players, built-in signal processing and filters, in any configuration you want.
Route anything to anywhere with mix-busses, effect sends, audiobus ports, and external multi-channel audio interfaces.
Play hosted synths and instruments using the built-in keyboard or external MIDI controllers, or sequence them with AU MIDI plugins or from other apps using Virtual MIDI.
Record mixes, individual tracks, or both, straight into the storage space of AudioShare (no copying of files needed), with synchronized start and end for perfect loops.
Play back recordings, soundfiles and loops as channel sources in the mixer for backing tracks, further processing or mixing.
Route MIDI in any way you like using the MIDI matrix.
Synchronize everything with the transport clock and play in time with other apps or devices using Ableton Link, a new technology that synchronizes beat, phase and tempo of Ableton Live and Link-enabled iOS apps over a wireless network. Connect external music machines and synchronize them with MIDI Clock.
Includes built-in processing nodes for various stereo processing, Mid/Side balance and conversion, EQs and filters, limiting, clipping and saturation. Or use any 3rd party Audio Unit extension or Inter-App Audio effect.
All controls in the mixer can be controlled via MIDI, including parameters of hosted and built-in plugins.
"A brilliant idea that has been brilliantly executed. Top-notch technical stuff and highly recommended" - MusicAppBlog
"Feature rich, powerful, intuitive, and simple to use" - DubSpot
"Executes live mixing with surprising ease, with a load of extensive features under the hood, quick snappy response on the screen and audio" - AudioNewsRoom
• High quality audio up to 32-bit 96kHz
• Clean and intuitive user interface with crisp vector graphics
• Extremely compact and optimized code, very small app size
• Unlimited number of channels
• Unlimited number of effect slots
• Inserts and sends are configurable pre/post-fader
• Internal busses for mixing, effect sends, signal splitting
• Supports multi-channel audio interfaces for both inputs and outputs
• Supports Audio Unit extensions, Inter-App Audio and Audiobus
• Route MIDI output from Audio Unit extensions
• Audiobus state saving
• Highly accurate transport clock
• Metronome with selectable output and optional pre-roll
• Sends host sync to Audio Unit plugins and IAA apps
• Play in time with Ableton Link
• Synchronize external hardware via MIDI Clock
• FilePlayer with sync and looping with access to all AudioShare files
• Records straight into AudioShare storage space
• Record synchronized beat-perfect loops
• Built-in nodes for stereo processing, filtering and dynamics
• Latency compensation makes everything align at the outputs
• Multiple Inter-App Audio / Audiobus output ports
• Built-in MIDI keyboard
• Fully MIDI controllable
• MIDI Matrix for routing MIDI anywhere
BUILT-IN SIGNAL PROCESSING
• Stereo balance
• Stereo to mono
• Stereo panning
• Mid/Side balance
• Mid/Side - Stereo convert
• Invert Phase
• Parametric EQ
• Low-shelf filter
• High-shelf filter
• Low-pass resonant filter
• High-pass resonant filter
• First order All-pass filter
• Second order All-pass filter
• Hard clip
• Lookahead peak limiter
Another quick fix, sorry! Squash a bug that crept into the MIDI Control view, when having more than 8 channels.
Ratings and Reviews
Always the first app I open when I start any session. Incredibly simple to use, totally reliable and a perfect platform for any kind of musical connection. This app is so useful and a such an ideal blank palette for experimentation that if I were to lose 80% of my music apps, as long as I could still use AUM, I'd consider it a fair trade! Literally the only app on the appstore that I would unreservedly say, 'just buy it', regardless of what music / noise you wish to make. The recent February 2019 updates made it even more user useful and I reckon this app is going to get better and better. Much love!
I use this app regularly live. It has enabled me more than ever to not bring a laptop to gigs for even relatively complex custom live setups involving multiple synths/fx and looping and external audio. Of course processor power will limit what you can do, and you need to be careful about zombie copies of other audio apps in memory, but on a fast iPad the possibilities are mind boggling if you have an arsenal of (stable and efficient) IAA or AU or audiobus apps. Its own recording capabilities are useful and interesting, plus the developer's own audio apps (such as reverb/delay and other experimental apps) are mostly wonderful.
Great iOS tool
The only thing I really find lacking is some kind of global snapshots. So for instance I could save different global states containing different Rozeta patterns etc as snapshots (connected to various instruments) and use AUM snapshots to fluidly switch between chords and patterns across all tracks simultaneously. With both ‘instant’ and ‘next bar sync’ settings for snapshot switch. Currently I find myself mostly stuck in one key/chord in AUM jams as there’s no real way to switch all tracks/instruments at once.... hopefully this kind of thing can be addressed in future updates.
Also I’m struggling to find a simple way to toggle bypass on/off for insert fx? But I might find the answer to that when I finally read the manual....
Highly recommend app.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.