- Cover full syllabus of exam with permission of ABRSM *
- Recommend by Bloomberg Businessweek and effectiveness proven by International Journal of Music Education.
- More than 500,000 users worldwide
- Up to 180 exam mock questions
- 94% users find aural skills improved after regular usage
- Improving your accuracy in pitch and in identifying features, training your musical ear
* The syllabus on which AURALBOOK for ABRSM is based is © by The Associated Board of the Royal Schools of Music and is reproduced by permission of the copyright owner.
AURALBOOK for ABRSM Grade 3 includes:
TEST 1: Clap the pulse and TEST 2: Sing as ‘echoes’
• Instant display and analysis on the original music sheet
• Comments and improvement advice given in a human voice
TEST 3: Identify changes in pitch or rhythm
• Wrong answer? AURALBOOK will explain where the pitch or rhythm changes occur
TEST 4: Recognise features
• Learn frequently used terms in exam through multiple-choice answers
• Wrong answer? AURALBOOK will explain why the answer is inappropriate and automatically replay the corresponding section - not simply right or wrong!
Start your free trial now and make the best of AURALBOOK to elevate your music skills!
- Updated graphics
- Improved sensitivity for clapping practice
Ratings and Reviews
Think this app is a fantastic idea. I love the fact it shows the music and how ur response compares. I find the voice of the 'examiner' amusing but a little bit harsh. ( she told me off!!)
But for extra aural practice at home this app is a fab idea. Possibly a few adjustments needed on next upgrade
Thank you very much for your comment and rating. We are delighted to know that you've enjoyed practising with Auralbook. Please also like our Facebook page www.facebook.com/playnote to get the most updated news.
Nice concept, but poorly executed
I downloaded this to see if it would be suitable for my pupils, in short, I would say it's not.
I really like the concept and the technology is impressive, but the computerised voice that asks the questions and gives feedback is very off putting. The first time I tried out the singing I got it all correct and received praise although the red light in the middle put me off. I had started my response in time with the beat and the red light came on later which made me think I'd come in too soon. I then tried again, but this time got only the rhythm and outline correct, but with the wrong pitches. The app gave me no feedback or credit for remembering the rhythm and outline and said I needed to keep trying. For a pupil who is having trouble with pitch, this app will not help at all, it could only demoralise them further. The singing bit is only really any use to pupils who can already sing but maybe need to improve their memory.
The other questions are more bearable, but the computer woman is very irritating.
This app has so much potential. The use of technology to play back answers, recognise pitches and rhythm, notate them and provide feedback is amazing, but as it stands I would not recommend it to my students. If the questions and feedback could be recorded by a human that would help. It would also be nice to have the music played by a human rather than a midi file.
I can only imagine that the developers have not tested this app with any real pupils. I would suggest they do this before the next upgrade.
- Playnote Limited
- 57.6 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2010-2018 Playnote Limited
- In-App Purchases
- Course 1 for ABRSM Grade 3 £16.99
- Course 1+2+3 for ABRSM Grade 3 £23.99
- Course 2 for ABRSM Grade 3 £16.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.