By WaveMachine Labs, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Currently 50% off!
Auria - the 48-track digital audio recording system for iPad.
"This is the first mobile mixing (AND recording AND post production) app that I've ever used that is truly professional. Just Wow !" - David Kahne (Grammy winning producer/engineer for Paul McCartney, Tony Bennett, Stevie Nicks, Sublime, The Bangles, Ingrid Michaelson, Regina Spektor)
•TEC Awards 2012 Nominee•
•Computer Music Innovation Award•
•Computer Music Performance Award•
•Sound on Sound 2013 Awards Nominee•
•Electronic Musician Editor's Choice Award•
The mobile DAW you've been dreaming of has arrived. Auria is a 48-track digital recording system designed from the ground up for the iPad. With professional-level features like AAF import/export, and optional third-party plugin support from names like PSPaudioware, Overloud, Fab Filter and Drumagog, Auria clearly sets a new standard for mobile recording.
"Prepare to be amazed." – Computer Music Magazine
“...I was immediately convinced that this is the hottest musical app to make it to the iPad so far...” – Recording Magazine
• 48 tracks of simultaneous playback of stereo or mono files. (24 tracks on iPad 1)
• Up to 24 tracks of simultaneous recording when used with compatible USB audio interfaces (Camera Connection Kit required)
• 24-bit recording
• Vintage-inspired ChannelStrip on every channel by PSPAudioware includes Expander, Multiband EQ and Compressor
• MasterStrip on all subgroup and master channels featuring PSPAudioware BussPressor, EQ and Mastering Limiter
• 64 bit double-precision floating point mixing engine
• Third party plugin support available via in-app purchase
• MIDI Sync support with MTC Chase, MIDI Clock and MMC
• MIDI Remote Control (Mackie MCU and HUI protocol)
• Supports sample rates of 44.1KHz, 48KHz and 96KHz, at 24 bits (iPad 1 only 44.1KHz and 48KHz)
• AAF import and export allows transferring complete sessions between popular DAWs like Logic, Pro Tools, Nuendo, Samplitude and others
• Convolution reverb plugin with included IR library by MoReVoX
• ClassicVerb reverb plugin included
• StereoDelay and StereoChorus plugins included
• 8 Assignable subgroups and 2 aux sends
• Time Stretching using ZTX technology
• Real-time audio scrubbing
• Ripple Edit mode
• Tempo sync and side chain support for plug-ins
• Powerful waveform editor with features like cut/copy/paste, crossfade, duplicate, separate, gain, normalize, dc offset, reverse, and more
• Flexible snapping tools allow snapping to events, cursor, bars, beats and more
• DropBox, SoundCloud and Audio Copy/Paste support
• Inter-app Audio support (IAA)
• Audiobus support
• Track freeze for minimizing CPU usage
• Full automation support on all controls with graphical editing
• True 100mm faders when used in Portrait Mode
• Adjustable pan law
• Optional video import feature allows sample accurate sync of video to an Auria project
• Timeline ruler options include minutes:seconds, bars:beats, samples and SMPTE time
• Auto-punch mode
• WIST support for wireless syncing of other compatible music apps
• AuriaLink allows two iPads running Auria to play and record in sync, allowing for 96 tracks of playback and 48 tracks of recording
• Full delay compensation on all tracks, subgroups, and aux sends
• Adjustable metering modes, including pre or post fader, RMS and peak
• Sample accurate loop function
• Automatic sample rate conversion
• Built-in metronome
Includes a demo song mixed on Auria by Grammy winning producer/engineer David Kahne.
iPad 2 or later recommended
Compatible with all iPad models (iPad 1 has only 24 tracks, 44.1KHz and 48 KHz)
iOS 5.0 or later
USB audio interfaces require Camera Connection Kit
Pro Tools is a trademark of Avid, Inc.
Logic is a trademark of Apple, Inc.
Nuendo and is a trademark of Steinberg, GmBH
Samplitude is a trademark of MAGIX.
AudioCopy and AudioPaste are trademarks of Sonoma Wire Works.
Mackie is a trademark of LOUD Technologies, Inc.
What's New in Version 1.155
Various bug fixes - see our forum for more info
SIMPLY THE BEST DAW
This DAW is a dream for all musicians wanting professional quality recordings with the added bonus of portability. As a gigging musician I have found AURIA to be the most technically advanced and feature rich DAW on the IPAD platform. The inbuilt processing features and industry standard plugins are simply mind boggling with a technical spec that meets and exceeds that of many professional PC desktop DAW's costing hundreds of pounds/dollars. In my journey to find the best DAW for the IPad I have tried all the popular recording APPs from the basic features of Garage Band through to Steinberg Cubasis and found them all significantly lacking in varying degrees in comparison to the extensive professional features of AURIA. AURIA is installed on my IPAD 4 and connected to a Focusrite 18i8 interface, a combination that has given me a stable platform for live recordings and composition. The only feature currently missing is a professional MIDI plugin with comprehensive editing features. With the soon to be added welcome addition of MIDI and some seriously high end advanced AUDIO editing features, normally the domain of Desktop DAWs, AURIA will maintain its unassailable lead over all the competition. This superb App deserves its place at the top of the DAW list and together with the excellent support from the technical team at Wave Machine Labs and the User Forum makes it a must have APP.
Recently purchased Auria as I wanted to try out Ipad music production. I have been used to using Sonar x3 and this app compares very favourably for me. I don’t use midi, so don’t mind the lack of it with this version but I understand a new version is coming out soon that has midi.
I can do all that I did on Sonar with this product and of course its all a lot more portable to record band members and complete all the mixing and mastering on the app. I am running it on an ipad 2 and have had no problems other than when I tried to do a little too much with a number of plugins and inter app audio to another mastering programme, but a quick restart sorted out the problem.
I can highly recommend this application as it has all the functionality you could want for straight forward recording, mixing and even some mastering, it works well, is easy to use and runs on older hardware so you can set up at minimal cost to try out ipad music production.
The most extraordinary app...
An astonishing depth of features wrapped in an excellent interface. It has become a mature app, the benchmark standard for iOS recording production.
Such a sophisticated app will sometimes frustrate people who want to use it as a toy, but if you know audio or are willing to learn a little it really is remarkable. Lots of flexible channel sub-groups, all manner of aux sends, automated faders...
- Category: Music
- Updated: 04 December 2014
- Version: 1.155
- Size: 274 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: WaveMachine Labs, Inc.
- © 2014 WaveMachine Labs, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases
- Micro Warmer Effect Plug-in£14.99
- Pro-Q Effect Plug-in£22.99
- Drumagog Add-on£14.99
- THM Effect Plug-in£14.99
- ReTune Effect Add-on£4.49
- Micro Effect Plug-in£7.99
- Video Import Add-On£3.99
- Echo Effect Plug-in£10.99
- Pro-C Compressor Plugin£22.99
- Saturn Multi-Band Distortion/Saturation Plug-in£14.99