By WaveMachine Labs, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Auria - the 48-track digital audio recording system for iPad.
"This is the first mobile mixing (AND recording AND post production) app that I've ever used that is truly professional. Just Wow !" - David Kahne (Grammy winning producer/engineer for Paul McCartney, Tony Bennett, Stevie Nicks, Sublime, The Bangles, Ingrid Michaelson, Regina Spektor)
•TEC Awards 2012 Nominee•
•Computer Music Innovation Award•
•Computer Music Performance Award•
•Sound on Sound 2013 Awards Nominee•
•Electronic Musician Editor's Choice Award•
The mobile DAW you've been dreaming of has arrived. Auria is a 48-track digital recording system designed from the ground up for the iPad. With professional-level features like AAF import/export, and optional third-party plugin support from names like PSPaudioware, Overloud, Fab Filter and Drumagog, Auria clearly sets a new standard for mobile recording.
"Prepare to be amazed." – Computer Music Magazine
“...I was immediately convinced that this is the hottest musical app to make it to the iPad so far...” – Recording Magazine
• 48 tracks of simultaneous playback of stereo or mono files. (24 tracks on iPad 1)
• Up to 24 tracks of simultaneous recording when used with compatible USB audio interfaces (Camera Connection Kit required)
• 24-bit recording
• Vintage-inspired ChannelStrip on every channel by PSPAudioware includes Expander, Multiband EQ and Compressor
• MasterStrip on all subgroup and master channels featuring PSPAudioware BussPressor, EQ and Mastering Limiter
• 64 bit double-precision floating point mixing engine
• Third party plugin support available via in-app purchase
• MIDI Sync support with MTC Chase, MIDI Clock and MMC
• MIDI Remote Control (Mackie MCU and HUI protocol)
• Supports sample rates of 44.1KHz, 48KHz and 96KHz, at 24 bits (iPad 1 only 44.1KHz and 48KHz)
• AAF import and export allows transferring complete sessions between popular DAWs like Logic, Pro Tools, Nuendo, Samplitude and others
• Convolution reverb plugin with included IR library by MoReVoX
• ClassicVerb reverb plugin included
• StereoDelay and StereoChorus plugins included
• 8 Assignable subgroups and 2 aux sends
• Time Stretching using Dirac 3 Pro technology
• Real-time audio scrubbing
• Tempo sync and side chain support for plug-ins
• Powerful waveform editor with features like cut/copy/paste, crossfade, duplicate, separate, gain, normalize, dc offset, reverse, and more
• Flexible snapping tools allow snapping to events, cursor, bars, beats and more
• DropBox, SoundCloud and Audio Copy/Paste support
• Inter-app Audio support (IAA)
• Audiobus support
• Track freeze for minimizing CPU usage
• Full automation support on all controls with graphical editing
• True 100mm faders when used in Portrait Mode
• Optional video import feature allows sample accurate sync of video to an Auria project
• Timeline ruler options include minutes:seconds, bars:beats, samples and SMPTE time
• Auto-punch mode
• WIST support for wireless syncing of other compatible music apps
• AuriaLink allows two iPads running Auria to play and record in sync, allowing for 96 tracks of playback and 48 tracks of recording
• Full delay compensation on all tracks, subgroups, and aux sends
• Adjustable metering modes, including pre or post fader, RMS and peak
• Adjustable pan laws
• Sample accurate loop function
• Automatic sample rate conversion
• Built-in metronome
Includes a demo song mixed on Auria by Grammy winning producer/engineer David Kahne.
iPad 2 or later recommended
Compatible with all iPad models (iPad 1 has only 24 tracks, 44.1KHz and 48 KHz)
iOS 5.0 or later
USB audio interfaces require Camera Connection Kit
Pro Tools is a trademark of Avid, Inc.
Logic is a trademark of Apple, Inc.
Nuendo and is a trademark of Steinberg, GmBH
Samplitude is a trademark of MAGIX.
AudioCopy and AudioPaste are trademarks of Sonoma Wire Works.
WIST is a trademark and software of KORG INC.
Mackie is a trademark of LOUD Technologies, Inc.
What's New in Version 1.140
Various bug fixes. See our forum for more info
I found this did exactly what it says on the tin. Fully featured, high spec recording app.
I got to grips with home recording with GarageBand and was very happy with the results, but with my first job on Auria the results were SO much better. I love this app.
Some reviews talk about it being resources hungry, which it is, but if you want all the features, it's going to take up processing power - you can't have it both ways.
I hated PC recording because of the complexity of setup, but have got great results with no hassle on Auria. I got an ipad with the idea of doing recording, and I couldn't do all I wanted to do without this app. Well done, guys.
Good things come to those who wait.
Auria struggled on my old iPad 2. It is very enjoyable to use on my new iPad Air.
Using this for the last few weeks on better hardware has been a revelation.
However, it's still very possible to max out the processor, on even a small number of tracks, if you have multiple intensive effects running in real time.
(I guess that's down to the iPad limitations still... Why only 1Gb RAM, Apple? Why?).
This is a very powerful and increasingly refined app for the iPad... that has been getting better as the hardware has started to catch up.
(Btw, I read a review on a very well known Apple fan tech site, in which they said they didn't know of any apps maxing out the new iPad Air... well, this is that app!)
Not for me..
Was using Multitrack DAW + Audiobus on iPad 2 for a while, it was always generally fine, but i thought i'd 'go up one' to Auria since that seemed more 'sophisticated'.
Bit of a Mistake. Audiobus with just one synth with correct settings, etc., stuttered a bit going to auria, so rather unusable. And just far too complicated. Yet another learning curve.. Had enough of that, i only want to record in a straightforward, easy fashion with no fuss, no pretensions and no proxy glory just because a top dog, name dropping engineer may be using this too..(I don't care)
Besides the size says 278mb on description but turns up at nearly 800mb without even having done anything!? (Running low on room here!)
The IAP's altogether would end up costing silly money, too! Far more than anywhere else and i wonder if it is worth it..
Auria is, for now, deleted, in spite of what i paid for it.. I may revisit it one day .. But then again, i may not...
- Category: Music
- Updated: 22 October 2013
- Version: 1.140
- Size: 292 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: WaveMachine Labs, Inc.
- © 2013 WaveMachine Labs, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases
- Pro-Q Effect Plug-in£20.99
- Micro Warmer Effect Plug-in£13.99
- Drumagog Add-on£13.99
- THM Effect Plug-in£13.99
- Video Import Add-On£2.99
- Echo Effect Plug-in£10.49
- Micro Effect Plug-in£6.99
- ReTune Effect Add-on£3.99
- Pro-C Compressor Plugin£20.99
- Timeless2 Tape Delay Plug-in£13.99