By Auryn Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
★ "Best in Art" iPad app -- Fast Company ★
★ One of Fast Company's 7 Most Innovative Apps of 2010 ★
★ "One of my favorite painting apps for the iPad." -- Lauren Indvik, Mashable ★
Auryn Ink is a revolutionary application that creates the authentic simulation of watercolor painting intuitively and easily. Auryn Ink's features provide everything a watercolorist needs to create, export and share beautiful works of art on the iPad. Now you can generate complete paintings with the touch of a finger (or brush or stylus!) anytime, anywhere.
• Choice of canvas texture that affects pigment deposition and water flow effects.
• Brush stroke pressure effects controlled via the speed of the stroke gestures.
• Brush tip control over size, bristle texture, and head profile shape.
• Control over the pigment thickness and water loading on the brush.
• Simulation of realistic pigment colors achieved by combining an underlying palette of physically modelled primary pigments.
• Ability to allows pigments to flow and then "air dry" gradually, or be forced to dry instantaneously, as well as "fixed" to the canvas to enable glazing effects.
• Ability to lift color with water alone, as well as create realistic back-run and edge darkening effects.
"There are painting apps for the iPad, and then there's Auryn Ink." - Fast Company
"The intuitive and easy to navigate Auryn Ink supports the creative urge of the artists by allowing them to create paintings with the touch of a finger anywhere at any time." - TMCnet
"Auryn Ink does a great job of simulating watercolor on paper and is a fun way to quickly experiment with various colors, brushes and more." - Today in Art
"Once you feel the canvas absorbing your paint, actually sucking it into the porous fabric, you will understand why this app shines." - SAHGeekMom
"There are a multitude of options artists can utilize that will bring this experience as close to really painting with watercolors that one can get without paints and paper, my favorites being how the colors blend and overlap like one would find while working with water colors, as well as how gravity affects the paint, having it run if the iPad is tilted." - Giggle Apps
Users from around the globe:
"The most realistic water colour art app I've ever seen! You paint a stroke on the canvas and watch it animate and dry into the canvas/paper. Blends colours together beautifully!" -- Jan 14, 2011, Australia
"Merveilleuse app qui reproduit vraiment bien le rendu aquarelle, avec la possibilité de gérer l'humidité et la secheresse à la fois du pinceau mais aussi du papier." -- Jan 3, 2011, France
"I like watercolours and this app made a great opportunity to keep it with me on my way. It is very realistic and quite convenient." -- Jan 3, 2011, Russia
"Though it has no fancy UI, the app itself is amazing. I can feel the natural wetness of watercolor in this app." -- Dec 30, 2010, Indonesia
★★ Please rate and review the app. Your feedback means a lot to us! ★★
What's New in Version 1.6.1
Version 1.6.1 bug fixes and changes:
• Resolved an issue which caused the 1.6.0 version to crash on iOS versions older than 6.
Version 1.6.0 bug fixes and changes:
• Strokes can now extend beyond the left side and bottom edge of the canvas. Previously, a bug caused strokes near these boundaries to be cut-off unnaturally.
• Devices with 16:9 screens (iPhone 5) are now fully supported. Previously, the canvas and UI layout were incorrect on such devices.
• Slider 'Canvas > Shake' now properly controls the sensitivity to shaking/splattering effects. Previously, any attempt to move this slider cause its position to be maximized.
• Button 'File > Export to Album' now provides are error Alert Box if any problem occurs during export to the photo album. Previously, some newer iOS6 devices would fail silently during export if Auryn Ink lacked permission to save photos. Now, the Alert Box will provide instructions for how to grant Auryn Ink permission to do so via 'Settings > Privacy > Photos'
• Some cases which caused the watercolor simulation engine to pause -- as indicated by when the blue water bar stops moving while still wet (blue) -- have been fixed. Previously, some actions could cause this bar to become permanently stuck until the app is restarted.
• Rebuilt for iOS6.
Auryn Ink - tip top
I bought this after reading reviews, and although the instructions are sparse, it's actually very easy to use. It really does feel like using real water colour. Being able to set the degree of wetness using the 'water' function, set brush thickness and type, and determine the degree of fade all make for a near authentic painting experience. Just like the real thing, the more you use it, the better it gets. Would have given this 4.5 stars if I'd known how - there's always room for improvement, but in this case, not much.
Could be good sometime
Looked very promising so I bought it to bring a watercolour element to my collection of painting apps.
Sadly in use it falls very short of basic expectations.
No landscape option, so portrait only - which is odd for watercolour painters.
Whilst the colour wheel looks ok, it's impossible to produce a yellow or red primary colour, or any shade of orange. It's not possible to produce Sienna brown range either.
There is a facility which is supposed to give the effect of wet paint running down the canvass, but its almost impossible to see any effect at all.
You cannot paint dots for example with the tip of the brush, only sideways strokes.
This is a really interesting painting tool. Give it some time and explore the potential!
It would be even better with a few simple additions:
1) if you could vary the brush size with figure pressure
2) if you could import pictures to work on top of
3) if you could add opaque colours
Overall it is very clever, deep and fun to use
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: 18 January 2013
- Version: 1.6.1
- Size: 14.8 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Auryn, Inc
- © 2010 Auryn Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.