Autocar is the car enthusiast's weekly fix, delivering you a unique mix of the latest news, opinion, features, first drives of new cars and in-depth road tests – all complemented by the best photography in the business. No other magazine covers the subject you love with such enthusiasm, insight and quality every week of the year. Autocar stands for the highest quality in car journalism – and is rewarded with access to the best new cars and the biggest news stories before any of the opposition which we share with you, our readers, every week.
*Back issues and future issues are available for purchase within the App.
Future issues are also available through the following auto-renewing subscription(s):
-51 Issues (1 Year) at £99.99 / $149.99
-26 Issues (6 Months) at £54.99 / $79.99
-13 Issues (3 Months) at £27.99 / $39.99
The subscription will include the current issue if you do not already own it and subsequently published future issues.
– Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
– Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
– Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
– Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase
– Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable
Stability improvements and latest iOS support .
Minor bug fixes and crash fixes .
Ratings and Reviews
I love Autocar but the app is increasingly awful. The latest edition is often not available on Wednesday day of publication, so I’ve read similar content from other sources by the time Autocar appears a day or so later. And buying an issue is challenging: the purchase often fails multiple times, or tells me it’s successful but still won’t download. Sometimes an iPad restart helps, sometimes not. Drives me nuts. To top it off, at Tim elf writing this the “Preview” images in the App Store are of Classic & Sports Car mag, not Autocar. Please fix these issues as I am less and less likely to purchase editions when it’s so difficult to do so.
Would love to give it more, but.........
Pictures and words work well on the tablet and is more convenient than hard copy, but
And this is a very important but and should be BUT, the update for a new edition is unreliable. It works well for a month or so then stalls. There is no point in having a magazine of this type to read days after it hits the streets!
Extract the digit and get this working reliably.
Well three years on and it is still unreliable-useless.........
Pathetic Autocar, unfit for purpose. I can imagine the blasting you would give a car manufacturer for such a performance in one of your reviews.
Why pay / You can see
I love cars! I trusted this! I can see the covers but I cant see the other pages! Make an update to read this on digital for free!
ACTUALLY I didn’t relize until I saw swipe to preview no it’s gone from 2** to 5*****
- Haymarket Media Group Limited
- 35.4 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Dutch, Japanese, Russian
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Haymarket Media Group Limited & PixelMags inc
- In-App Purchases
- Autocar: Auto Renewing Subscription £27.99
- Autocar: Auto Renewing Subscription £99.99
- Autocar: Auto Renewing Subscription £54.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.