Booking your car hire and managing your van rentals are easier than ever with the completely re-
engineered Avis iPhone app. You’ll always have a travel companion at your side with Avis.
Choose and book vehicles in just a few simple steps. When you’re done, we’ll have your rental
waiting at your destination at one of the 5,200 Avis locations across 165 countries.
Plan your next holiday and have reliable transport wherever you travel. Don’t worry about catching
a cab – Avis is ready for you.
BOOKING MADE EASY
- Search effortlessly for rental cars or vans (vans in selected geographies only).
- Filter results by size or features.
- Spot at-a-glance vehicle details, including features and driver requirements.
- Skip the queue by signing up for Avis Preferred for free in the app
CAR AND VAN RENTAL APP
- Book cars by location and time needed
- Find rent-a-car locations at airports, train stations and cities; see which Avis station is nearest to
you or view them on a map.
- Minimise paperwork at the station or use self-serve to eliminate it altogether
ADD HANDY EXTRAS
- Add useful extras with ease so you can get the most out of your holiday.
- Choose add-ons including sat nav, ski racks, super-fast mobile Wi-Fi and child seats.
- Get a price rundown of what’s included every step of the way.
LOG IN TO SAVE TIME
- Pre-populate future rental bookings, manage settings and update personal details at any time.
- Make your booking experience more seamless by logging in.
- Check or amend your Avis car hire booking details directly from the app
- Upgrade your vehicle.
- Add a driver.
- Secure more extras.
TRACK LOYALTY BENEFITS
- Avis Preferred, Preferred Plus or President’s Club member can view tier status and benefits,
number of rentals, and their spending and rental history.
- Join Avis Preferred for free from the app.
Unlock your next adventure here! Download Avis now to rent the perfect car for your next holiday.
Please refer to the ‘Application License Agreement’ linked to this page to view the application’s
Update your app now for:
• iPhone X compatibility
• Easier van booking in the UK
• Accessing your Avis Preferred digital loyalty card
Ratings and Reviews
Bait and switch. Unreliable and potentially dishonest.
Don’t use this App. Unreliable service and potentially dishonest bait and switch on pricing in my experience. I booked a Merc C Class Cabriolet - Select Series – using the App which is supposed to guarantee the model and make of car. They emailed me to confirm car and price in my reservation. When I arrived at Geneva airport they told me it was not available unless I paid 800CHF more. Either it is available or it isn't. It was in fact available – the exact car I booked. They eventually agreed to charge "only 300 CHF more than the booking". I had little choice but to take it as they just refused to honour the booked price and all other car hire companies were sold out of similar vehicles. I later complained to AVIS customer services and they said it was my fault and my problem, and that I could have just walked away, then they just hung up on me. One of their excuses was that I accepted a higher category car -- even though the car they gave me was the exact same C Class Cabriolet that I booked. A disgusting racket. Based on this experience Avis appear potentially to be in the business of baiting and switching -- get you in with a booking at a good rate then renege on the deal and say you can only have it for more when you land at the airport. Outrageous. Don't use the AVIS App. Potentially dishonest tactics and no customer service in my experience.
I think something has changed in this app. The UI is quite dated now but still looks and feels like Avis, just maybe for an iPhone 5 or older. The main issue is data - nothing seems to connect. I used to be able to see the status of my preferred membership, how many rentals I’d completed, etc. And when I booked a car it would appear here. Now it constantly breaks and shows an empty screen. I’ve logged out, deleted and reinstalled, but nothing seems to help the data find itself. And last time I used the app to book a vehicle, none of my details transferred to the rental location. Not sure what to suggest because it seems like such a catalogue of errors from a previously much loved service
Very basic. Buggy. Not user friendly.
It works, but has limited functionality, and is a bit buggy. If I set up Touch ID, then 24 hours later I find the app has logged me out, and has completely forgotten that I set up Touch ID, and I have to login using email address and password, at which point it asks me if I want to set up Touch ID again! If I select the Manage Bookings option at a time when I’m not renting, but I have some upcoming bookings, it reports ‘No data available’ - not really helpful - would be better if it said ‘No current booking’, or better if it displayed the upcoming bookings instead.
- Avis Europe plc
- 59.9 MB
- Requires iOS 8.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, Arabic, Burmese, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Icelandic, Italian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Norwegian, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish, Ukrainian
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Avis Budget EMEA Ltd
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.