Baby Led Kitchen offers recipes that are safe for babies aged 6 months and up to eat independently - put that blender down! Created by mum of two and Instagrammer @babyledkitchen, all the recipes are nutritionally balanced, easy for babies to eat by themselves, quick to cook and budget-friendly. No slaving away at a hot stove or hunting round supermarkets for hard to find ingredients. There is no upper age limit to any of our recipes, they can be enjoyed by the whole family.
• Over 100 high-quality recipes (and growing) with beautiful imagery and clear instructions
• Swipe away ingredients and steps as you work through the recipe.
• Every recipe is designated a difficulty rating and total time to help you easily pick a suitable recipe while juggling the little ones!
• Search recipes by type: breakfast, snacks, lunch and dinner; or by terms such as "CMPA", "vegan", "blueberry", etc.
• Dietary requirement and allergen filtering. I.e. show only gluten free or only vegan, etc.
• Tips & Advice section with baby led weaning How-To's and advice for preparation
• 'Favourite' recipes in the app to save them for later
• Beautiful, slick user experience and clear recipe presentation
• All measurements are provided in both metric and imperial, as well as translations of British terms for international markets
Is your baby around 6 months and ready to start weaning? Did you know you can skip purée and feed your baby ‘real food’ from the get-go?
Baby Led Weaning has so many benefits for your baby:
• Helps baby develop healthy attitudes towards food and a good understanding of when they are full.
• Introduces baby to a world of different flavours, helping them to become more accepting of new foods.
• Gives baby new sensory opportunities each mealtime. They get to explore the textures, tastes and smells of their food for themselves.
• Great for baby’s fine motor skills and dexterity.
• Helps baby to develop a sense of independence and autonomy.
• Helps to reduce stress from mealtimes - you eat your food and they eat theirs!
We hope you and your family enjoy our recipes. Happy cooking!
More recipes, a special focus on allergies and tweaks and fixes :-)
• New recipes and corrections.
• Added dietary requirements filter: dairy free, egg free, gluten free, nut free, soya free, vegetarian and vegan
• Added allergens checklist to every recipe.
• Favourites won't get wiped anymore (hooray!)
• Recipes are no longer randomised – thanks for the feedback on this one.
• Improved heart icon and animation.
• Quickened loading screens.
• A visual nip-and-tuck to keep things fresh :-)
Ratings and Reviews
We love this app!
Can I just say in relation to the 1 Star review from ‘Smiley_1234’ in which I totally disagree with and find a little pointless and found it zero In helpfulness. I can’t abide such negativity. I tried this app four 4 days. Home cooking recipes from the app to feed my son. He’s never eaten so well!
Who likes an all negative review? It didn’t put me off buying the app in any way or looking through more recipes I’m going to make. I like the fact that some recipes are in the same categories.
So In reviewing the app...firstly, the colours and layout of the app are lovely. Very eye catching and easy to use.
I spent 4 days picking some recipes and cooking one or two every day. I wanted to get a feel of how the app worked and how easy it was to use.
It’s very simple and easy to add recipes to your favourites list. Which means when you are in a rush to get those meals out there, you can find the recipe and get it made ASAP.
I love the little wooden spoon when recipes load up. It’s very sweet. My son loved it too. He is almost two and a half and enjoyed looking through all the recipes.
I would rate this app 5 stars because I love the recipes and how full flavour they all are. Very healthy and some of them you can get your little ones to help out and make.
The new updates have made the app even better, just wanted to thank the developers for the changes as it’s so handy to be able to type in “dairy free” and get all the recipes up rather than some brands who end up bringing out a whole new app for something like that..(and the money adds up when there is so many new apps). I tried it today with this new search and it was so effective..I saw a previous review talking about a lack of recipes which surprised me, I think there are a huge amount and I can’t see that much sugar either so I’m not sure if the review is about the right app?
Fantastic app - fuss free recipes!
Best app for baby led weaning! I love cooking but often run out of ideas for quick, easy and healthy snacks and meals that my daughter will enjoy. This app is clear, simple and lovely to use, plenty of recipes to work through, it’s split by meal time so when you’re stuck for what to do for lunch and need instant inspiration - hey presto! You can then add recipes to your favourites to remember for next time. Also love that all the recipes don’t include lots and lots of ingredients so it’s good for the purse strings too - much of it is bits you’d have in the fridge anyway.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.