babylon health – doctor & symptom checker
By Babylon Health
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Consult with a doctor or therapist & get medical advice quickly via the babylon doctor app. Health advice available from leading UK doctors, therapists and medical specialists on your mobile phone.
- Video or phone consultations with qualified doctors within minutes.
- Check hundreds of millions of symptoms in real time.
- Specialist/therapist appointments available.
- Text your health-related questions to a doctor/clinician for free.
- Monitor your health by tracking daily activities and key body functions. Ready to integrate with existing Health Apps and Wearables, including Health Kit.
- Fully registered with the Care Quality Commission (CQC).
Being ill is difficult enough, but getting access to healthcare shouldn’t be. The babylon doctor app combines the latest technology with the medical knowledge of our doctors to make healthcare affordable and more accessible for everyone, everywhere.
babylon also offers a quick, easy, flexible and affordable way to talk to a therapist about a range of mental health conditions including anxiety, stress, and depression. If you or someone you know would benefit from talking to a therapist, you can do so using babylon confidentially from the comfort of your home via a video or phone consultation.
- Text your medical questions to a doctor to receive a quick, personal response.
- Find out more about your symptoms with babylon chat.
- Monitor your health with our activity trackers. Full integration with existing health devices.
- Family accounts available.
- Talk to a qualified doctor on demand via a video consultation or phone call.
- Order test kits to your home, send them to us and your results will be uploaded automatically into the app.
- Unlimited GP consultations for £5/€8 per month. Pay-as-you-go access also available. You will not be charged until you decide to book a consultation. We support Apple Pay.
- Talk in confidence to a therapist from the privacy and comfort of your home for £39 per hourly consultation.
• “Great service and well-executed as a doctor app. This is how consulting with a doctor should be - on MY terms.” – Callum FC, UK *****
• “I'm a big fan of the 'Check a symptom' feature. It will significantly reduce the number of people going to the already struggling A&Es. Cherry on top - it's free!” – DrKaran, UK *****
• “What a great service! Set up on Saturday afternoon and just over an hour later, I had an appointment sorted with an online doctor with babylon. First-class service. Just brilliant.” – Illy547, UK *****
• “Nice symptoom checker, quick and easy to use” – chrisnumberone, UK *****
• “Just had a consultation and feel thoroughly looked after. A very attentive mobile doctor. If I could rate 10, I would!” – Nemo179, IRE *****
• “A game changer… the world’s simplest virtual health service, right in the palm of your hand.” – The Huffington Post
• “babylon provided peace of mind 10 days quicker than if I’d waited to see my GP.” – The Guardian
• “...make booking healthcare appointments as simple as booking a Hailo cab.” – Wired
• “What if talking to your GP was as easy as ordering a cab on your smartphone?” – BBC News
• “The doctor will see you now… on your smartphone screen.” – The Times
• “Ground-breaking… babylon mobile app puts a doctor in your pocket.” – Daily Express
• “Has the potential to change the way people access care. We are excited.” – Bupa
• “Healthcare has been calling out for this kind of innovation.” – Aviva
• “babylon are at the cutting edge of the revolution.” – AXA
• “With speed, convenience and peace of mind … babylon complements the NHS and private healthcare perfectly.” – PHD Media Worldwide
Love babylon? Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/babylon-health-273632119481099
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/babylonhealth
What's New in Version 2.1
We’re always updating babylon to make sure you are always getting the best service possible.
This release includes bug fixes and stability improvements that will improve your overall experience.
Thanks for using babylon!
A few bugs, but great app
Just been introduced to this app through work. The app has a number of bugs
- on the me tab screen optimisation for iPhone 7 plus does load right with a 1cm gap appearing on the right hand side of the screen.
- HealthKit sync doesn't include heart rate (most fitness trackers have a monitor), weight (wifi connected scales sync to HealthKit) or any other nutritional data that apps like FitnessPal would allow you to record. All of this requires manual input, last thing I want to do is update my data in two locations.
- the use of the iPhones light to monitor your pulse is flawed as the iPhone 7 plus has two cameras and the monitor does work. You get stuck in a loop with an error message.
- profile picture doesn't show in your profile
As for the service, I haven't had to use this thankfully.
Great solution to get medical care any day of the week. I got a high temperature and sore throat during the weekend and was able to get an appt with a GP on a Sunday from my couch! You can do calls or camara calls. Appts with specialists might take a couple of days but GPs just a few hours since you request it.
Was completely out of medication and didn't have time to go to see the doctor, I booked a consultation with this company and explained the situation, they then sent me a prescription for medication which I chose to have sent to my address, I've just received the medication, couldn't be happier