Backblaze Mobile for iOS is a free app to view, download, and share files you have backed up to your Backblaze Personal Backup account. Easily access your files from devices running iOS 8.1 and up.
* Access files backed up to Backblaze Personal Backup
* Touch ID access supported for login
* Search for specific files and download to your iOS device
* Thumbnail preview of downloaded image files
* Share files via text, email, etc
* Founded in 2007
* 400,000,000+ GB of customer data under storage
* Recommended by About.com, The Verge, Lifehacker, re/code, Macworld... and hundreds of thousands of customers across over 175 countries
"You will sleep so much better knowing you have Backblaze." - John Gruber
"I've used other online backup, Backblaze is my favorite." - Marco Arment
"I like and can recommend Backblaze." - Walt Mossberg
For version 3.0 of our mobile apps we've reworked some of our mobile framework, and now with Backblaze Cloud Backup v6.0 and iOS version 3.1 some of the our functionality is being released! Please enjoy the below improvements and bug fixes!
- Increased download file size limit
- Downloads in progress now visible on the Downloads screen
- Added warning text for insufficient storage space
- Added warning text for downloads over a cellular network
- App is now more stable when searching through the Downloads screen
- Fixed incorrect timeout error messaging
- Fixed TouchID and 2FV error resulting in multiple SMS sends
- Downloads screen is now more responsive
Ratings and Reviews
It’s OK but ….
It is a real pain not being able to sort the files by date or have a “recently added” area. Often when I am out and about, it is the file that I was just working on that I want to access and read/send and it is very time consuming going through the list alphabetically. A search function would also be really helpful and the ZipCloud app is a good example of the iPhone interface to an online backup done really well.
Looking good for the iPhone but not the iPad Air
Started using this yesterday and working really week, backing up is straight forward. I downloaded the app onto my iPhone 5S and signed in, up it came and all is fine. I haven’t tried recovering a file yet, but can’t see why it will be a problem. I can’t see the app for the iPad Air, although it says it is compatible?
Great service but the app is a bit lacking
I've been using Backblaze for about six months now and I'm enjoying not having to worry about backup anymore. This app is very simple. This is a good thing in some ways – I'm glad they didn't cram in millions of features. However, three things would convince me to give it 5-stars: iPad support, passcode, and a toggle to hide hidden files.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.